Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Figured I'd share this here since it might be relevant to some.

I recently got an email from rally innovations about their light plate set-up for baja designs lamps and that its finally making production. Unfortunately, it only comes as part of their "R4S platinum" package based on their SEMA build, which comes with diffusers, side skirts, etc for a whopping $3.5k! (with a $1k pre order).

https://www.rallyinnovations.com/collections/focusr4s/products/focus-r4s-platinum-package

I replied to them the availability of the light plate as stand-alone part but no word still. Too little too late for me obviously, since I already went full rallytard lol

Update: Got a reply. They are waiting on feed back and demand on the aforementioned packages before deciding on selling the pieces individually. Seems like an @$$ backwards way of doing it, but maybe there is some economy going on in the background to get these made.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I like their wheel diverters too!

Wonder if their front splitter includes any sort of reinforcement of the front undertray and bumper mounting!

Definitely out of my range but it seems like a very cool package! Hope they sell individual pieces some day as you enquired about!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I like their wheel diverters too!

Wonder if their front splitter includes any sort of reinforcement of the front undertray and bumper mounting!

Definitely out of my range but it seems like a very cool package! Hope they sell individual pieces some day as you enquired about!
See update above

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Got an update regarding the Rally Innovations light plate: It looks like they either got enough funding or enough interest to warrant a run of the light plate, so they are now available for pre-order here

$800 seems a bit steep for my taste though...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Got an update regarding the Rally Innovations light plate: It looks like they either got enough funding or enough interest to warrant a run of the light plate, so they are now available for pre-order here

$800 seems a bit steep for my taste though...
They told me they would paint the aluminum sides Blue as well for an additional fee of $125.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Another solution for those looking for more light.

·
Registered
865 Posts

Another solution for those looking for more light.
I just pulled the trigger on these. I'll report back when I have something to report back.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Kinda confused....

It lists a pre order que for 15 Sep 19.
How much is the deposit they speak of, $799? or is that the total?
or is it $799 deposit of?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Would be interested in what you think. From the pics, it looked like the lights were a little too low and throws light below the sight line to be useful.
The add calls them fog/driving lights so the low mounting point makes sense in that role. I agree that it would not make much sense as rally lights, even though they are adjustable.

·
Registered
865 Posts

I got these installed before my trip to Tail of the Dragon. The install is incredibly easy; no drilling, cutting or splicing. All you need is a screwdriver and a T30 torx. A pushpin puller would also be helpful. I opted for the splitter so I'm running these with the factory fogs. Light output is significantly brighter than factory, but these are only fog lights. If you're looking to turn night into day rally style, these are not for you.

The 3D printed mounting brackets are flexible, but sturdy. I tested them very thoroughly on the twisty roads of the Smokey Mountains and they took everything I threw at them. I also traded a lot of messages with Aaron, the seller. He is a PE Mechanical Engineer and fellow RS owner. He has also tested them extensively before offering them up for sale.
EDIT FOR PIC:

·
Registered
21 Posts
just paid for my Rally Innovations light plate. had one on my ST with 2 squadron pros and 2 squadron sports. will be doing the same setup on the RS, spliced into my brights. hasn't gone into production yet(allegedly they are waiting for one more person to pay their invoice), so it will probably be a couple months before i receive it. I'll be sure to post pictures when i receive it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kinda confused....

It lists a pre order que for 15 Sep 19.
How much is the deposit they speak of, $799? or is that the total?
or is it $799 deposit of?
I believe $799 is the total for the light plate and 4 squadron sport lights. not including shipping or tax

·
Registered
21 Posts
FINALLY got my Rally Innovations light plate/light mount this past week. Took a good long while, although I expected it and was prepared to wait. Standard Rally Inno fare, their product is somewhat overpriced in my opinion, but no one else is doing anything like it so I'm okay with having to pay a premium. Especially on this RS light plate, I believe they only made 10 total, and they have to make money off it. Will be installing sometime during Christmas week, via the same method as I did with my RI light plate on my ST(splicing into the brights). I saved my 4 Baja Designs Squadrons when I sold the ST(2 sports and 2 pros), and bought Baja Designs own splice harness. Probably won't take pictures of the whole install, it's pretty straightforward anyway. I will post pictures of the end product, and give my impression of the fit.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts