Ford Focus RS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 487 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #461 (Edited)
When thinking you are on a track almost potentially goes WAY wrong lol. Look at my passenger front tire hanging way over that white line... that is seriously a bad bad habit I have to always try to cut the corner. A good habit on the track, a bad habit on a road like this with big deep dropoffs from the pavement :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Changed out the spark plugs today, this was much overdue.

Also picked up a "CarPlay2Air" adapter the other day. This plugs into the armrest storage USB port and creates a Bluetooth and WiFi spot to turn CarPlay into a wireless situation. It was a pain to finally get working but now that it is, it's been great the past few days.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Did you go with Ruthenium plugs this time around?

Link for the wireless carplay pls.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
for the plugs, i went this time with a set of NGK LTR7IX-11. I found that part number somewhere here on the forum. (correction: found that part number on Tune+ site)

the adapter. some people in YouTube comments complain that music gets choppy through it after like 10 mins, but I haven't run into that yet (listening to audio books).

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
I admittedly haven't driven much at all this past month, but the CPlay2air adapter and my phone have been playing nice. I haven't had a missed connection since the first few days of the install.

Also have a neat magnet-based wireless charging pad all installed and working great, I wish I installed something like this so much earlier!

Here are the two devices in action.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #469
Pre track prep for this weekend:
  • change my oil
  • swap in my Mountune track pads. I need to clean them up so I can use the shims i have for them.
  • while i'm under there, I'll be replacing out my ADF Customs under tray's hardware with a fresh set I picked up from J.R. at ADF.
And thats it! Damn I love having a newer car, it was always a major ordeal to get my Integra ready for a track weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I thought the yellow Mountune pads are no longer in production?

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
So part of tonight's madness: I took off the front bumper so i could touch up my intercooler as it had some chips in the paint from the bug season we just passed through.

I noticed the enclosure for whatever module this is was bowed open

I didn't feel any spots for bolts to see if they are missing, so thinking quick: big freaking zip tie for the win. #solved

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
That’s the ECU enclosure.

Mine looked exactly the same except someone had taped it...

I renewed the tape with better tape, but that giant zip tie looka much cleaner I might have to do this whenever I have the bumper off!

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Weee!!! It’s weird to be looking out the driver window to see straight down the line

my car actually told me something like “power reduced for engine temp” at one point when I was approaching the final bank on my second to last lap. Other than “these cars suck for temps” I don’t know what to do about that while I’m here at track.

I’d come out of a turn and go go go on the straights and banks and when I hit 5500 rpms in 5th gear the car would noticeably back off power and the I got that error above.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Watching this through my phone, is there audio?

What was your top speed?

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Looks like a blast!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Weee!!! It’s weird to be looking out the driver window to see straight down the line

my car actually told me something like “power reduced for engine temp” at one point when I was approaching the final bank on my second to last lap. Other than “these cars suck for temps” I don’t know what to do about that while I’m here at track.

I’d come out of a turn and go go go on the straights and banks and when I hit 5500 rpms in 5th gear the car would noticeably back off power and the I got that error above.
How long are the sessions? What's the ambient temp? How are the water, oil and charge air temps looking? I'm guessing the ratio of being on full throttle for so long because of the long "straights" vs the amount of cooling airflow going thru the radiator is just not enough. If it's a 20 min session and you got the error on the second to last lap, I'd call that a win. My local track is a short one (2.5mi with a very short straight) and I'd usually start cooling down with 5 mins left (never actually got an error, just being cautious)

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #479
20 min session
It’s mid to high 80s today

my friend that is here with me and I laughed out loud at the “I’d call that a win”, lol!!

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Any other RS or CT-R in the event?

461 - 480 of 487 Posts