Ford Focus RS Forum banner

481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
A few CTRs, haven’t seen any other RSs or STi’s even. Ton of S2000s, they must finally be coming down in price. Heck, I have 4 of them adjacent to me on the garages.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
No LanEvo? I miss those days.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
A few CTRs, haven’t seen any other RSs or STi’s even. Ton of S2000s, they must finally be coming down in price. Heck, I have 4 of them adjacent to me on the garages.
How are the CTRs doing temp-wise? I know a buddy of mine has way more trouble overheating than I do on the same track.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #484 (Edited)
Session 2 = MUCH better, made it through a 16 min session (they cut us a bit short trying to get the schedule caught up). It poured at lunch and it dropped temp to 81 and the humidity is gone. Another session in 45 mins

oops, forgot to reset oil life meter the other day

Learned something new about my car today: the steering wheel telescopes. I had no idea it did that 🙂

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #485 (Edited)
Fun weekend was had. I ended up just doing the 8am session today, the NASA HPDE schedules are always so f*cked on Sundays as they try to get all the timed racing wrapped up in the morning. So my schedule today would have been the 8am session and then the next was at like 1:30pm with two more after that that ended before 5pm. Had no interest in sitting around for 5+ hours, so i kind of shut the car down for the day and my two friends and I went to the beach instead.

This morning session was a blast, I got behind a BMW M5 and a Porsche Cayman on the grid and the three of us just went whipping around the track for 18 minutes. At one point the Porsche pointed me by but I waived him off. At the end of the session I pulled up next to him at the pits and told him I appreciated that but I wanted to just follow along. I've got a 3 min video from my dash cam of a full lap, but it was fighting me on transferring it off there, i'll pull it off there later this week.

Other than session #1 yesterday morning I had no sign of the "slow mode" going on, I'm going to just chalk that up that it was hot and humid at the time. That sure was annoying though!

The car NEEDS brakes, especially rotors, so I just ordered a complete set of stuff from Rock Auto, it'll be here Friday.

I don't for-see any more track actionuntil 2022, at this point I really want to get this car paid off and purchase a second vehicle, specifically another F150, we'll see how that goes next year some time. I still want to do an event at Barber (Birmingham, AL) and return to Road Atlanta again at some point.

Leaving the infield and getting up on the banks here at Daytona is pretty damn exciting, but going under the bridge and down the bending blind hill at Road Atlanta is WAY more so.

481 - 487 of 487 Posts