Ford Focus RS Forum banner

9th Annual EcoBoost Takeover the Tail of the Dragon Event, who's going?

• I'm unsure given work or other commitments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll have to pass

• I'm on the fence

621 - 640 of 647 Posts

·
Administrator
16,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·

Showing a bit of my backside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I didn't take many pictures this year, nor did I even turn on my GoPro... Weather was probably at least part of that. Not a single run across the Dragon w/o all my crap in the back flying around.

Good seeing everyone again, and meeting new faces!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I took zero pics again this year, but had a great time with new and old friends. Also saw my first Lamborghini Huracan and Ferrari 488. sigh

Reactions: RS'er and MorningZ

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I suppose one of these days I need to make it out to the dragon when its least busy.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
There is always at least ONE guy doing 10mph because they want to "Take in the scenery" and said guy will never pull over to let you by.

Reactions: ControlNode

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
There is always at least ONE guy doing 10mph because they want to "Take in the scenery" and said guy will never pull over to let you by.
I don't see them out at 0200.

Reactions: MorningZ

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got some pictures during the cruise.
Car Tire Cloud Wheel Land vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Also stopped and got some action shots on the dragon Saturday evening.
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

This is the friend I was stuck behind the entirety of my first run. Probably averaged 20mph in the straights and 10mph in the turns.
They passed every single pull off till we got all the way to the bottom. Pointless then. Lol
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Administrator
16,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #637 ·
@Jimbox23

Date hasn't been decided upon just yet. It's normally the third weekend of September

Reactions: Skykri and MorningZ

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
I would love the 4th weekend, could go there and then directly to ViR for the Runoffs, 3rd weekend interferes with two SCCA events local auto-x and the alternate being a road race at CMP. Same reason I've been missing the recent events.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
that holiday weekend would be ideal for me too... as I start a new job soon and the months of Sept snd Oct are supposedly nuts around this place and getting PTO days may be difficult.

Whenever it is, people from FL will be there again!

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
I'm still not sure that I can make it, but I'm going to make a radio update suggestion. There is a GMRS repeater (Cades Cove 575 Site) on 462.575 (frs/gmrs channel 16) with a privacy tone of 141.3 (midland and may others CTCSS code 22) While those without GMRS license cannot talk into the repeater, we could set that as our "announcement" channel and have a member or two that has requested access to use the repeater that can blast group announcements to the area.

I'm not sure if that would be a good channel for our local chat, depends on how busy the channel is, but if not busy with an FRS radio can transmit on that 462.575 since that is not the input freq into the repeater and those in range of the radio will hear it. This would be nice since the local chat and the announcement broadcast would be on the same frequency so users would only need one radio, but if the other channel is really busy it could create the issue of those using the repeater overpowering and talking over the local chat because they are not aware we are using it. If the channel is a busy one, I would say stick with our (462.5875mhz / CTCSS 74.4) "2.3" setup for local group chats and for the announcements have them go out on the repeater if permission to use it is given. The biggest issue is that is then 2 radios for users.

I recently got an MXT275 for the truck and I'm reaching +16 miles to a repeater here in Florida and that repeater is getting me out +50 miles. But this radio is only narrowband transmit and only 15W. I'm likely going to upgrade to a 40-50W radio with wideband support.

Reactions: MorningZ
621 - 640 of 647 Posts