Ford Focus RS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 214 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
@MorningZ , let me know if you find anymore bugs.
Yuck, this newest version exposed a pretty bad bug...

I was listening to music off my USB drive (as normal) and when i was at a stop light, i replied to a WhatsApp message. The music nearly muted when i opened the app on the phone (any iOS app that uses the microphone causes that), but when I closed the app (again, on the phone), the radio switched sources to FM... Don't know what the heck that was all about. I was only out for a quick errand, so I didn't have time to try to duplicate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I was able to successfully update to 3.4.20196 for my non-navigation Sync unit in my 2016 RS. With the changes made to the Cyanlabs update downloader software it was much easier to update than when OP made the help video. All you need to do is download the Cyanlabs program, plug in a flash drive and go through the menus to select the correct download for your car. It will download the file from Ford and then automatically unzip and place the install files on your flash drive. Take the flash drive to the car, plug it in and it'll automatically update, restarting itself when complete. The update to 3.4 is definitely worth it if you're on the fence. The UI looks better, runs smoother and there are significant improvements to android auto.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
153 Posts
Today I was able to successfully update to 3.4.20196 for my non-navigation Sync unit in my 2016 RS. With the changes made to the Cyanlabs update downloader software it was much easier to update than when OP made the help video. All you need to do is download the Cyanlabs program, plug in a flash drive and go through the menus to select the correct download for your car. It will download the file from Ford and then automatically unzip and place the install files on your flash drive. Take the flash drive to the car, plug it in and it'll automatically update, restarting itself when complete. The update to 3.4 is definitely worth it if you're on the fence. The UI looks better, runs smoother and there are significant improvements to android auto.
For a moment, I thought you managed to do the incremental (ford approved) upgrade. I also had to do the Cyanlabs downgrade / upgrade, but 20196 was worth it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks like Sync 3.4 20237 just dropped: http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/5U5T-14G381-EH_1604064813000.TAR.GZ

Here's the autoinstall.lst I plan on using, since it's just an app upgrade (no voice or gracenote)

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20237_PRODUCT]
Item1 = 5U5T-14G381-EH
Open1 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-EH_1604064813000.TAR.GZ
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

I'm going to try the incremental upgrade on my non-nav again to see if I get the same "OUT OF MEMORY" error, which is pretty likely.
I'll post back what (if any) changes I notice on my nav system after the update, since I'm positive that one will take it no problem.

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
353 Posts
Yeah that’s been around a couple of weeks. Nothing noticeably new or fixed in it.

Only comment on it...
Code:
 they added aa new CPU governor to differentiate MY20 CPU from MY18.5 and lower. MY20 run up to @ 1.5Ghz, MY18.5 and older up to 1Ghz. This was already the case even before, but they might optimized something as there are new thermal throttling parameters. There are a bunch of QML mods and then nothing else. All binaries changed as always but most of them are just recompiled.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glad there's no big changes, I'll skip the Cyanlabs reformat upgrade till the next version. Nav system took it no problem of course.
PXL_20201112_153614760.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did the upgrade last night, however I think I accidentally unchecked the nav option so now the nav doesn't work but everything else does including carplay. Is fixing it as simple as redownloading it with the nav option selected?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just did the upgrade last night, however I think I accidentally unchecked the nav option so now the nav doesn't work but everything else does including carplay. Is fixing it as simple as redownloading it with the nav option selected?
Sounds like you had NAV before, so yes, check the box and run it again with the new USB drive it creates. If you check it and didn't have NAV (i.e. your vehicle wasn't equipped with NAV option) it may brick you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You may have to do the "downgrade" option first, then upgrade back to current

·
Registered
271 Posts
For those looking for a USB-C module, I ordered one a few minutes ago which should fit.. I think it's coming from China, so, it might be a while before I get it, but, once I do, I'll post here on whether or not it a) fit and b) worked. I already have Sync 3 v3.4.xxx installed (actually updating to the most stable build to date later today).

·
Registered
271 Posts
For those looking for a USB-C module, I ordered one a few minutes ago which should fit.. I think it's coming from China, so, it might be a while before I get it, but, once I do, I'll post here on whether or not it a) fit and b) worked. I already have Sync 3 v3.4.xxx installed (actually updating to the most stable build to date later today).
Sigh.. well.. back to the hunt. The order was cancelled because they didn't have stock.

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
353 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Focus RS - Race Red
11 Posts
Just updated my '18 RS to 3.4.20196 from 3.0 and it worked flawlessly. Thanks to everyone for all the info in this thread!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not even going to try this on my non-nav, I got tired of not having maps and finally ordered a $300 nav-enabled APIM off eBay so it will soon be only a memory.

My NAV system ate it up with no issues of course, whatever fixes it had in it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Finally got the update to work on my non-nav Focus!

..... because I finally upgraded the APIM to a nav-enabled one.

Of course I'm hilarious, but I also noticed my EXISTING APIM was part # HM5T-14G370-GBE which from what I can tell was ALREADY nav-enabled. Am I missing a number here that would indicate non-nav? I'm happy if it is, since I can sell it as nav-enabled, but also slightly miffed since all I had to do was pick the nav load for Cyanlabs instead of tear down my center console.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
I did the most current update. And it worked but i don't have climate come up as an option on the screen. What did I miss?

·
Registered
55 Posts
So...if I upgrade, will I lose the ability to browse usb media while driving? I can't tell if this is still an issue.

161 - 180 of 214 Posts