Ford Focus RS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
You're there first non nav I've heard to get to 20136. I used the same upgrade thumb drive that worked on my nav, and have tried all kinds of autoinstall.lst trickery, but always the memory error. I only have the one file listed for install, but I may try looking for one without the gracenotes as mentioned above (assuming that can be extracted from single 14G381 tar.gz file I'm trying to upgrade with)
Oh that's wild. Lucky! Wonder if it's due to the replaced APIM, or what. I also only had 3.0 prior to this, so perhaps I had extra space to spare due to the older version?

·
Registered
125 Posts
RUH ROH Scooby!

Did the update, everything's cool, with one problem: Voice command function now waits like 15 seconds after I talk before it cuts off and interprets the command. Anyone have any idea?

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
RUH ROH Scooby!

Did the update, everything's cool, with one problem: Voice command function now waits like 15 seconds after I talk before it cuts off and interprets the command. Anyone have any idea?

Still an issue?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yup.

I recall seeing a setting about how long to wait somewhere when I was browsing through FORSCAN while connected. Gonna check in a bit on that. I'll report back!

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
115 Posts
FYI: new Sync 3.4 build (20196). You can find the binaries here:

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/5U5T-14G381-EG_1598634070000.TAR.GZ
https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/5U5T-14G391-CM_1598635923000.TAR.GZ -- NA Voice File
http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

Below is the autoinstall.lst I'm going to try here on my Nav unit. I'll reply back with results shortly.
Fingers crossed my non-nav will accept this one. 20136 refused to install because of memory issues.
There are no changelogs with these updates, so it's always a mystery what was fixed. Hopefully the USB bug is squashed

; SYNC3 - Release - Only for Nav

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20196_PRODUCT]
Item1 = 5U5T-14G381-EG
Open1 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-EG_1598634070000.TAR.GZ
Item2 = 5U5T-14G391-CM
Open2 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G391-CM_1598635923000.TAR.GZ
Item3 = 1U5T-14G658-AF
Open3 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Options = Autoinstall, Delay

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Thanks! Just installed this myself, also took the 20 mins you mentioned.

I'm dying to see if they've fixed this super annoying of playing one source while showing another on startup (something I've been dealing with in the 2 versions of 3.4 thus far)

To anyone wondering or new to the world of side loading Sync updates:
  • exFat (FAT32) formatted USB drive
  • Put files in the file structure below
  • Make absolute sure that "autoinstall.lst" does not have the ".txt" extension hiding on
  • For good measure throw in an empty text file named "DONOTINDX.MA"

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Thanks! Just installed this myself, also took the 20 mins you mentioned.

I'm dying to see if they've fixed this super annoying of playing one source while showing another on startup (something I've been dealing with in the 2 versions of 3.4 thus far)

To anyone wondering or new to the world of side loading Sync updates:
  • exFat (FAT32) formatted USB drive
  • Put files in the file structure below
  • Make absolute sure that "autoinstall.lst" does not have the ".txt" extension hiding on
  • For good measure throw in an empty text file named "DONOTINDX.MA"
View attachment 345059
Let us know if it fixed the issue(s). You guys still using the app?

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
343 Posts
The -DM file is not the voice for North America.
It is for Europe and ANZ region. Although it does have the three English languages in it. It’s over 1Gb.
The NA file is smaller at 385Mb and you may need the space.
Here is the link to the NA voice file. You should be using this one.

North America Voice file

The -AF file is for DAB radio logos in Europe and doesn’t do anything for NA cars. But no harm in installing it anyway. It’s a small size.

These files will work on nav and non-nav.

The USB bug is fixed in this 20196 version

·
Registered
115 Posts
The -DM file is not the voice for North America.
It is for Europe and ANZ region. Although it does have the three English languages in it. It’s over 1Gb.
The NA file is smaller at 385Mb and you may need the space.
Here is the link to the NA voice file. You should be using this one.

North America Voice file

The USB bug is fixed in this 20196 version
Sweet, I've updated my post.
My non-nav is on minute 60 of the update, so I'm guessing it bombed out. I'll try again with the smaller voice file.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sweet, I've updated my post.
My non-nav is on minute 60 of the update, so I'm guessing it bombed out. I'll try again with the smaller voice file.
Your autoinstall text is not updated.
Also the Options should only be ‘Autoinstall, Delay’

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Still use syn labs right?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Don’t bother. Just do it manually.
See the posts above.
Put the files in the SyncMyRide folder, write the correct text in a autoinstall.lst file in the root folder. Have the DONOTINDX.MSA file in there too.
And that should work. No need to use that really. It’s simple manually.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, the CyanLabs tool is really only to get beyond our last "official" update which stopped before the current 3.4.

Once you're on 3.4, you can do these incremental USB updates like you're official again (the wireless over the air update will never happen though, since your VIN isn't eligible).
If my non-nav doesn't take this though, I may end up downgrading and then upgrading with the tool since they finally fixed the USB bug.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like I'm downgrading, my old favorite the MEM_ERR03 is back to haunt me. I'm curious if any non-nav systems have ever got these incremental updates to work.

Looks like the CyanLabs tool has the latest 20196 build ready to go

·
Registered
343 Posts
They do work on non-nav.
Just try install them one by one. Install the app file first. Then try the voice file when that succeeds.
You could try remove gracenotes from the system too. One of the Ford files in their package does that first as part of the process - will need to research for that file.
All this done through custom autoinstall files.

Cyanlabs just downloads the files and builds the USB drive for you. Nothing more. So it will create the same as what you can do manually. You have the files downloaded so no need to use it. Just try doing it one step at a time and consider the file sizes

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
@MorningZ , let me know if you find anymore bugs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
They do work on non-nav.
Just try install them one by one. Install the app file first. Then try the voice file when that succeeds.
You could try remove gracenotes from the system too. One of the Ford files in their package does that first as part of the process - will need to research for that file.
All this done through custom autoinstall files.

Cyanlabs just downloads the files and builds the USB drive for you. Nothing more. So it will create the same as what you can do manually. You have the files downloaded so no need to use it. Just try doing it one step at a time and consider the file sizes
For 20136 I had just the single 14G381 file (application) and no other files in my autoinstall.lst and it still gave the MEM_ERR03 error.
I was going to extract even more files out of that single .TAR.GZ file and saw it was in a weird file format, so decided to just wait for this new one (20196)

This last attempt was just the single 5U5T-14G381-EG_1598634070000.TAR.GZ file (application) with the simple-as-I-can-do autoinstall.lst with the same MEM_ERR03 result.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20196_PRODUCT]
Item1 = 5U5T-14G381-EG
Open1 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-EG_1598634070000.TAR.GZ
Options = Autoinstall,Delay

The downgrade/upgrade actually re-partitions the storage and places the files on there, without whatever install process runs out of memory when I do incrementals. I'll try the next incremental again now that I've done the full downgrade/upgrade but either my system doesn't have the full amout of memory, or non-navs just aren't able to easily upgrade without a full repartition.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah I think you have installed a file you don't need on there that is taking up too much space. You do need to downgrade to v19101 or 19200 and start the reformat process again to clean the file system.
I would recommend leaving out gracenotes - unless you really really want that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The absolute minimum incremental upgrade of the single application upgrade file (5U5T-14G381-EG_1598634070000.TAR.GZ) results in the MEM_ERR03 which translates to "out of memory" every time. I can't incrementally install any less than the base application upgrade (no gracenotes, no voice, nothing else, just application).

The downgrade to 3.3, then upgrade to 3.4 20196 just finished with no problems. The CyanLabs tool wipes the entire partition (step 1 in it's process on screen) and puts the files on without using whatever is running out of space.

I'm pretty confident there is a "staging" partition like most network devices, game consoles, etc where this is an A/B partition it switches between for upgrades. Whatever the incremental does it just doesn't have enough space to complete. If anyone has an actual non-nav unit at 20136 and this incremental 20196 works for them with no errors I'd love to be proven wrong.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts