Ford Focus RS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
115 Posts
I upgraded before they had that tool, when you needed to use two USB sticks. That combines it all into a single USB drive so much easier. I hear only good things about it, but I never used it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi!

i have the 2.3 version of sync 3 with nav, what is the official uppdate that ford has on their page for download?
if the official is the 3.4 why do you use the one from cyanlabs.net?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Our cars are not officially supported to 3.4, you need the tool to get 3.4.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Typo, my bad.... 3.0 🤪

·
Registered
772 Posts
Was on Sync 3.0.18093, non-Nav. Just upgrade to 3.4.20136 with the help of the Cyanlabs downloader. No issues installing, took about 9 minutes. Haven't driven with it on yet. Did fire up Android Auto, and it felt nicer. It seemed quicker to connect, and Google Maps Nav seemed to have a smoother 3D UI.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Only thing I heard was from @MorningZ about the sync not allowing you to browse music from the local flash drive while moving.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Only thing I heard was from @MorningZ about the sync not allowing you to browse music from the local flash drive while moving.
Sounds right. CyanLabs says that this 20136 is affected by "the same bug" as 20021 - I presume it's about playing local flash drives. So if that's a functionality you value, I would probably be wary of these two updates

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got 20136 to work on my nav, but my non-nav got ERROR_MEM03 and fails everytime. I can't tell any difference between them, and non-navs might be stuck on 20021 forever unless the next update is somehow smaller. So far I'm not motivated enough to downgrade/upgrade to 20136.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
That's the only reason why I'm holding off

I already have my maps upgraded and up to date with the latest legit version.

Once that bug is fixed, I will upgrade mine.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Turning on "Nav in Motion" solved my issue... i don't understand what USB music and Nav have to do with each other, but a quick flip of an APIM value in FORScan solved my issues.

Only issue I have remaining is sometimes the radio gets confused on what source it was playing on startup. Like if i was playing music off USB, stop somewhere, then restart my trip it plays USB but shows FM interface... i have to go to a different source and then back to USB to gain control again.. it happens like every 4th time and does seem to not happen if the car has been off for a while, but it's a minor annoyance none the less.

I barely use the climate controls on the radio, as it's either AC on at 70 with 3 bars, or it's completely off. So I haven't really messed with that tab much at all

·
Registered
772 Posts
I got 20136 to work on my nav, but my non-nav got ERROR_MEM03 and fails everytime. I can't tell any difference between them, and non-navs might be stuck on 20021 forever unless the next update is somehow smaller. So far I'm not motivated enough to downgrade/upgrade to 20136.
Interesting. I am on 20136 with non-nav. Just a sanity check: are you using a separate flash drive with appropriate downloads for the non-nav? Also, there's a non-zero chance your non-nav APIM needs a replacement. I ran into this problem when originally trying to go 2.2->3.0, and kept getting errors. Brought it to the dealer, they ended up replacing the APIM.

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
343 Posts
If the gracenotes file is removed from the installation on non-nav it will likely install and not give the memory error. Then you could try installing the gracenotes separately via autoinstall after. Or do without it.
There is no gain to going to 20021 or 20136

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
I have not monkey around with FORScan yet, I'm trying to avoid it if I can since I know myself and would not stop till I break something.

lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting. I am on 20136 with non-nav. Just a sanity check: are you using a separate flash drive with appropriate downloads for the non-nav? Also, there's a non-zero chance your non-nav APIM needs a replacement. I ran into this problem when originally trying to go 2.2->3.0, and kept getting errors. Brought it to the dealer, they ended up replacing the APIM.
You're there first non nav I've heard to get to 20136. I used the same upgrade thumb drive that worked on my nav, and have tried all kinds of autoinstall.lst trickery, but always the memory error. I only have the one file listed for install, but I may try looking for one without the gracenotes as mentioned above (assuming that can be extracted from single 14G381 tar.gz file I'm trying to upgrade with)

·
Registered
343 Posts
You don’t extract anything from the archive files.
Gracenotes is its own separate archive file.
You could try get the utility file that deletes gracenotes and frees space to allow installs to be successful.
Of just do the reformat processs from 3.4.19200 again without the gracenotes package listed in the reformat.lst file.

What’s the contents of the autoinstall file you are trying to use?

·
Registered
115 Posts
You don’t extract anything from the archive files.
Just delete the gracenotes line from the reformat.lst file.
If you already have 3.4 then all you need to do is install the app package file via autoinstall.
Then I'm already as barebones as I can get, I have only one entry in the autoinstall.lst file and it's the 14G381 file I need to get to 20136. I've tried delay, autoinstall, etc for the options line as well, no luck. If the next version has the same issue I'll do the downgrade/upgrade route.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Best to just wait until a new version appears that is worth bothering to upgrade. Then start from scratch using the reformat tool and leave gracenotes out. Then see if you can install gracenotes manually after that’s all done.

121 - 140 of 163 Posts