Ford Focus RS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
This thread made me work on the Sync today, I at least got it up to v3.0.19205.

Now I'm contemplating if I want to do the 3.4 upgrade........

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
You do its so much better lol
From what I read though, there is no turning back once you upgrade to 3.4.

The lowest downgrade you can do would be 3.2.

The Mustang logo is just during the upgrade phase right?

I read and watched a couple of reviews, so far the only noted gripes were:

• AC control on screen is in the reverse on the controller below ( on screen on, the physical is off)
  • Apple car play not showing music info on screen.
any other thing to worry about?

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
343 Posts
From what I read though, there is no turning back once you upgrade to 3.4.

The lowest downgrade you can do would be 3.2.

The Mustang logo is just during the upgrade phase right?

I read and watched a couple of reviews, so far the only noted gripes were:

• AC control on screen is in the reverse on the controller below ( on screen on, the physical is off)
  • Apple car play not showing music info on screen.
any other thing to worry about?
Yes. Cannot go back to 3.0.
The mustang logo (and others) is the reformat tool process.
There are no AC control issues - that’s a problem for right hand drive cars.
CarPlay does not have an issue. Don’t know what that one is about. Music info is shown in CarPlay.

Stick to version 3.4.19274 if you don’t want the USB drive bug that after you were playing usb drive music and restart the car, the controls to change track will instead change to fm channels and you need to go change the source back to usb.

You don’t have to update the firmware of your APIM for this. Updating the firmware will correct the usb drive bug in 20136 though. Otherwise you will have to live with it - if it’s something you use and bothers you.

Album art is smaller and text more truncated in the audio screen with 3.4. They could have designed that so much better.

Oh, do not be using the Ford GT theme before doing the upgrade - set back to default RS. But sounds like you haven’t modified it with FORScan to enable the Ford GT theme - so this won’t be an issue.

Unlikely, but if you have changed the apim region to other than the US, you will not have correct TTS navigation voice instructions after. Needs to be set at default US. Again, you probably didn’t mess with that.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
I have a 64 GB USB stick for media. How do you update the firmware?

·
Registered
343 Posts
APIM firmware?
That’s way more complicated and needs special cables and access to unreleased versions of FORScan or using UCDS cable and software. Highly probable to have problems.
Best to stay away from that.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Stick to version 3.4.19274 if you don’t want the USB drive bug that after you were playing usb drive music and restart the car, the controls to change track will instead change to fm channels and you need to go change the source back to usb.

You don’t have to update the firmware of your APIM for this. Updating the firmware will correct the usb drive bug in 20136 though. Otherwise you will have to live with it - if it’s something you use and bothers you.

APIM firmware?
That’s way more complicated and needs special cables and access to unreleased versions of FORScan or using UCDS cable and software. Highly probable to have problems.

ROFL.... so what you're sayin' is skip v. 20136 for now, unless I can live with the USB Bug...... either flash the APIM firmware (which you don't recommend) or hopefully they fix this issue with the next release.

Is the map the same between v.19274 and v.20136? what's the difference between the two versions?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes. Maps are separate files (v1.19).
No difference between the versions that I have seen other than introducing the usb drive bug.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
So I guess I'll load v.19274 for now, I can just the app they made and load it.

Wait it out for a newer release and skip V.20136.

·
Registered
440 Posts
APIM firmware?
Has anyone stateside besides that rebuilderGUY youtube chan even played with UCDS??

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Did the 3.4 upgrade/install this morning before heading work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
you guys went with the latest one? or v.19274 ?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Does anyone have a link to the non-nav update files?

Also, does this fix the effing annoying 'switch back to radio at high volume, even though you already set the volume to 0' bug that has plagued sync since 3.0? God that pisses me off.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
I went with the latest 3.4 20136 no problems thus far will do more testing and driving and update.

They were talking about if you use a USB drive housing media, you need to change source and back each time to turn on your car.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Does anyone have a link to the non-nav update files?

Also, does this fix the effing annoying 'switch back to radio at high volume, even though you already set the volume to 0' bug that has plagued sync since 3.0? God that pisses me off.
the app they have has an option for non-nav. pretty striagh forward to use, just uncheck nav.

·
Registered
17 Posts
here i am chilling on sync v2.3 and everyones kicking back on 3.4 and all haha.
time to start paying attention to these updates that ford service never does for me.
whats this i read about the AC control problems for RHD when updated to 3.4?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Anyone tried this yet? I assume its just a GUI to get you to the correct DL. There is also a DOWNGRADE version, I assume there is a way to go back from 3.4 now???

101 - 120 of 163 Posts