Ford Focus RS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
153 Posts
So...if I upgrade, will I lose the ability to browse usb media while driving? I can't tell if this is still an issue.
I can confirm if you switch the "nav in motion" bit in Forscan to true, you can still search USB media while driving, even after the upgrade, but not sure about older versions not requiring that.

I can also confirm you're stuck on a non-US country when you flip nav in motion. If you try to go back to US you'll get nav in motion disabled. They are mutually exclusive, as was stated in here earlier but of course I had to do it myself anyway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you for the info, but unless it works the way it does now, I guess I am not going to upgrade. Has anyone done the upgrade and NOT needed Forscan to keep that ability (searching usb media while driving)?

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
So...if I upgrade, will I lose the ability to browse usb media while driving? I can't tell if this is still an issue.
It's not an issue, it's a "feature" for US cars. You'll have to turn on "Nav in Motion" in forscan. I am pretty sure I made the change two updates ago and that it "stuck" when i updated 3.4 to whatever latest minor version I am currently running

·
Registered
220 Posts
Question. Is it just me or did this update really make the sock stereo louder? Before i feel like i was always maxing out the volume at 30 and not being happy with how loud it was. After I installed the update to 3.4, if I crank it up to 30 its way loud, like to loud. Did the update really make the stock stereo way better?

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
99 Posts
I normally have mine at 10-12.... or 13 if there's too much freeway noise. That's with Android Auto, but the radio matches. What source are you using that 30 wasn't loud?

·
Registered
220 Posts
@morbid I just plug in my phone use android auto and play through Spotify. But the radio used to be quite as well. I really feel like this update tuned on an amp that was somehow off.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
@morbid I just plug in my phone use android auto and play through Spotify. But the radio used to be quite as well. I really feel like this update tuned on an amp that was somehow off.
Interesting. I use Poweramp through Android Auto, and if I turn it up past like 17, I feel like I'll blow the speakers. Maybe when you were plugging in your phone, it turns the volume down. That will sometimes happen to me under certain conditions, although I'm not sure what they are. But I discovered I need to turn up the volume on the phone itself, as it was turned down. Once I turn it up all the way on the phone, there is plenty of volume.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
99 Posts
Yeah, something doesn't sound right. Have you messed with Carloop before.... like could any audio/amp related changes have been accidentally changed? You might try re-seating your amp connection (quick) and maybe behind the head unit (not-quick). If broadcast radio is also quiet, then that should eliminate your phone... so I'd guess that amp isn't being used ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
@morbid The strangest thing is that when i bought the RS used. I just assumed that the stock stereo was horribly weak. Now it works fine and is loud im not going to mess with what ever i could have moved or done to it. I guess the Sync update didn't have anything to do with it very strange. No carloop stuff done either im not to tech savvy.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Question. Is it just me or did this update really make the sock stereo louder? Before i feel like i was always maxing out the volume at 30 and not being happy with how loud it was. After I installed the update to 3.4, if I crank it up to 30 its way loud, like to loud. Did the update really make the stock stereo way better?
30?.... wtf. I never go past 14 on android auto, and 2 less for FM, and both of those are loud enough for driving around with the windows down at 40mph.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Max I go with mine is 15-16.... well one time 20 but that's it

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Max I go with mine is 15-16.... well one time 20 but that's it
When you were hitting the Palomar Mountains touge bumpin' Noizy Tribe by Move? 🤣

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
When you were hitting the Palomar Mountains touge bumpin' Noizy Tribe by Move? 🤣

I recall it was running in the 90's 😁

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was messing around with update files and now know how to generate the XML file to update Ford with your current Sync build. Absolutely useless to everyone except people who may have OCD like me. I'll see if WIFI updates possibly work for the next update since this XML file should tell them I'm now eligible. Probably giving Ford way more credit than they deserve and my XML file will just disappear into nothingness, but worth a shot for anyone who is curious. The XML file also says how much RAM you have available in your Sync, which might be handy enough to justify this post.

The procedure below won't update (or downgrade) your Sync version, just generate the XML log file that lists out all your current versions (that you can then upload to Ford)

1. Get the official Sync update package here: Ford Support | Update Your SYNC® System with a Flash Drive
2. Modify the autoinstall.lst to just what's listed below
3. You really only need to copy the GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz file to the SyncMyRide folder if you want to save some time.

Code:
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
353 Posts
Yes.
But why tell Ford you have put an unofficial unsupported version of Sync on your car ….. unless you do this for a failed official update that didn’t generate the xml file.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes.
But why tell Ford you have put an unofficial unsupported version of Sync on your car ….. unless you do this for a failed official update that didn’t generate the xml file.
Mostly to see if I'm eligible for WIFI updates once they know, but also to compare partition setup with everyone else.

Code:
<d2p1:AdditionalAttributes RAM="1056370688">
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="1.4G" available="12M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="1.4G" available="36K"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="1.4G" available="148K"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="1.3G" available="12M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="922M" available="3.0M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="1.3G" available="9.3M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="1.7G" available="16M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="1.7G" available="16M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="2.0G" available="13M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="1.6G" available="15M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="1.1G" available="10M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="2.6G" available="24M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="1.3G" available="4.7M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/grace" total="1.0G" available="57M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/rwdata/" total="1.2G" available="879M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/rwdata/quip/" total="35M" available="8.0M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/rwdata/quip/" total="90M" available="87M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/mp/" total="1.4G" available="128M"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/mp/resources" total="73M" available="432K"/>
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/images/" total="25G" available="2.7G"/>

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
353 Posts
Sync 3.4.20351 has been "found"

No info on whats changed, fixed or new.
Usual method using autoinstall.lst to update. As always, the core updates are independent of nav or non-nav.

Update: apparently it seems faster and will allow interaction with all menus in Sync 3 while driving, just prompts if you are the passenger instead

Update 2: there is also a new gracenotes file. NA 0020
Build in to your autoinstall.lst as normal

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was going to do this today but when I go to the CyanLabs site and click on the Syn3Updater link it just takes me to a page with no download links whatsoever..

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
I was going to do this today but when I go to the CyanLabs site and click on the Syn3Updater link it just takes me to a page with no download links whatsoever..

Check their GitHub page

181 - 200 of 214 Posts