Ford Focus RS Forum banner
541 - 560 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was able to source the F1767840 OEM roof rack from the CAR ACCESSOIRESPLUS.CO.UK. Great service, shipping was reasonable and fast. Accessories included. Unfortunately, no instructions.
Both bars look identical, is it really as simple as putting them on and tightening it down with the tool provided?
I'm trying to avoid doing something dumb and damaging my roof.
How did installation go? By any chance do you know if buying regular Thule locks will fit in the UK roof holes? I'm looking at the same website for purchase of the UK Racks.. are they only sold in aluminum & people just plasti-dipping them black? I feel like most I've seen were all black. Can anyone chime in on this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
How did installation go? By any chance do you know if buying regular Thule locks will fit in the UK roof holes? I'm looking at the same website for purchase of the UK Racks.. are they only sold in aluminum & people just plasti-dipping them black? I feel like most I've seen were all black. Can anyone chime in on this?
I purchased the UK racks and run them with the Thule ProRide XT bike racks. The Thule t shape lock/brackets work perfectly with the euro racks.They come in a aluminum color and I had them powder coated glass black. So far they are holding up perfectly. Very happy over all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased the UK racks and run them with the Thule ProRide XT bike racks. The Thule t shape lock/brackets work perfectly with the euro racks.They come in a aluminum color and I had them powder coated glass black. So far they are holding up perfectly. Very happy over all.

View attachment 352110
Looks great! Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on the Thule setup. Did a test fit earlier and man that guide for the X / Y axis is definitely off. Had a hell of a time mounting the bars to get the correct spacing between the foot pads. In any case I’m super happy with the results. Saved a few bucks by going on Amazon vs Thule direct. Went with the 50in bars instead of the 53in that’s recommended. I think it fits the lines better since there’s less overhang.

-Thule Wing Bar Evo 127
-Thule Evo Clamp Footpack 710501
-Thule Fit Kit 5089
-Thule AirScreen XT Wind Fairing (L) 44”

for those interested .. the X Y axis settings I found that worked (via trial and error) using the marker stick thing under the bars was 40 in the front and 38in the back.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice looking setup!

Finally pulled the trigger on the Thule setup. Did a test fit earlier and man that guide for the X / Y axis is definitely off. Had a hell of a time mounting the bars to get the correct spacing between the foot pads. In any case I’m super happy with the results. Saved a few bucks by going on Amazon vs Thule direct. Went with the 50in bars instead of the 53in that’s recommended. I think it fits the lines better since there’s less overhang.

-Thule Wing Bar Evo 127
-Thule Fit Kit 5089

for those interested .. the X Y axis settings I found that worked (via trial and error) using the marker stick thing under the bars was 40 in the front and 38in the back.

View attachment 353834

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Anyone know of any Thule half width basket for the roof racks? A quick scan and I found a half width Yakima basket. I'm wanting a box or basket on the roof with my bike in its mount, so I can't use a full width basket or box.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Anyone know of any Thule half width basket for the roof racks? A quick scan and I found a half width Yakima basket. I'm wanting a box or basket on the roof with my bike in its mount, so I can't use a full width basket or box.
I've gone thru this same search a while back since I wanted to carry a kayak on the other side. Only ones I found were the Yakima (skinny warrior) and a handful of china specials on ebay/amazon. Definitely avoid the no-name brands, had one I bought from Amazon rust on me and leave rust stains all over the roof of my wife's Outback.

·
Registered
4 Posts

-Thule Wing Bar Evo 127
-Thule Fit Kit 5089

View attachment 353834

Sweet setup! Thanks so much for the info, just purchased the same setup. Really appreciate info on x/y axis. As far as measurements, did they align with what the manual said? .i.e distance of front bar from front of car and then the spacing between the two?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sweet setup! Thanks so much for the info, just purchased the same setup. Really appreciate info on x/y axis. As far as measurements, did they align with what the manual said? .i.e distance of front bar from front of car and then the spacing between the two?

Thanks again!
The x/y axis was off by a good amount. I forget. But the distance between the front and back bars is rather fool-proof since we have the built in divot hole thing in the door. So pretty much you can't mess that up since the bracket must align with the hole in the chassis. You'll see. It's like a metal pin that fits into the preset mounting hole we have above the front and back windows. Lmk if you have any questions. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The x/y axis was off by a good amount. I forget. But the distance between the front and back bars is rather fool-proof since we have the built in divot hole thing in the door. So pretty much you can't mess that up since the bracket must align with the hole in the chassis. You'll see. It's like a metal pin that fits into the preset mounting hole we have above the front and back windows. Lmk if you have any questions. Good luck!
thank you so much, I really appreciate it! you actually posted your exact x/y axis in your OP, so I'm going to start there instead of what the instructions said.

have a good one!

·
Registered
5 Posts

-Thule Wing Bar Evo 127
-Thule Fit Kit 5089

View attachment 353834
Not sure if you have one but would the airscreen interfere with sunroof operation?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Oups…Ford Transit sliding door step didnt fit inside…glad I have the rack and ratchet straps under the trunk floor!!

Should have taken the Transit to pick this up! But the RS is much more fun to drive downtown where the step was much cheaper!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS Nitrous Blue
22 Posts
Spent the past week or so reading through this entire thread and it's been a wild ride. Got confused until I read the last two pages and saw @sleepyS14 and @moonrider_99 posts as the part numbers and sources have changed a lot. Haven't quite decided if I want to try for the UK OEM rack or piece together a Thule rack from UK parts. The OEM one looks pretty sleek and cheap/good quality is something I can get behind. Aesthically, I do like the look of the overhang bars with the fairing on the front though. Functionally, I want it primarily to handle my canoe (which is at the widest point is about 40") and maybe a ski/bike rack in the future. Can anyone confirm if the Ford UK OEM rack bars are at least 40" wide? Comparing it with the pictures of those who went with the overhang bars (that are 50"), the Ford UK OEM rack looks like it might be cutting it close.

For others curious, most of the early sources/part numbers/links don't work anymore, but the most recent few pages have some good info on the latest sources for the OEM and Thule P/N's. I checked the Thule Canada page, and they list a fit kit specifically for the RS as 5125. This is likely wrong - I checked the standard Focus fit kit from Thule Canada and it's the same P/N. Obviously they didn't get the memo about the RS having the alignment holes. As mentioned in previous posts, Thule UK indicates the updated FoRS fit kit should be 5089.

Reactions: Barroux
541 - 560 of 563 Posts