Ford Focus RS Forum banner
521 - 540 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
@[B]Rdubs[/B] what grips and pedals are those. I'm trying to get some on my bike that match the RS blue. Not sure if the raceface chesters are a close blue. Yours seem to be. Great set up by the way!
they are not a perfect match. But the pedals are issi pedals and the grips are odi with Troy Lee design grips. Love both of them. Love your set up also

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Finally found somewhere for one of my forum stickers when putting the rack back on this summer!

@Rdubs can you open the hatch without hitting the mtb rear wheel with this sort of bike carrier?

I had to move my bike carriers out a bit at the edge of my thule bars for the rear wheels to clear the wing. It’s literally 1/4” off the wing painted sides with the hatch opened.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Finally found somewhere for one of my forum stickers when putting the rack back on this summer!

@Rdubs can you open the hatch without hitting the mtb rear wheel with this sort of bike carrier?

I had to move my bike carriers out a bit at the edge of my thule bars for the rear wheels to clear the wing. It’s literally 1/4” off the wing painted sides with the hatch opened.

View attachment 345275
What length bars do you have?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
For anyone curious on what the effect of a roof box is on fuel economy here are some hard numbers from two longer road trips. I saw a decrease of 1.5 mpg with the box and a few modifications. I was expecting a bigger impact.

Stock RS (no roof box, OEM under tray, no rear diffuser, stock suspension):
2018 Road Trip Summary:
Total Distance: 3467.8 mi
Total Time: 63 hr 47 min
Fuel Economy (displayed): 27.1 mpg
Fuel Economy (actual): 26.0 mpg
Average Speed: 54.4 mph

Roof Box (Inno Wedge 660 roof box, DMGFab front tray and skid plate, Verus rear diffuser, Tractive suspension -16mm rear and -5mm front)
2020 Road Trip Summary
Total Distance: 5116.7 mi
Total Time: 94 hr 17 min 38 s
Fuel Economy (displayed): 25.3 mpg
Fuel Economy (actual): 24.5 mpg
Average Speed: 54.3 mph

·
Registered
27 Posts
Been looking at Thule roof racks lately for the RS and browsed through this thread pretty thoroughly. I was under the impression that we had to order the FitKit 1634 via a uk amazon site or similar since those were the UK specific ones that had the pin that clips into the built in rack holes in our chassis. Upon closer inspection, looks like Thule updated their racks with new products / part #s that replace the ones mentioned on this thread. What caught my eye is the fitkit replaces the UK part#. Wondering if anyone bought any of the new Thule fit kits and if it finally has the pins that clip in per euro style.. since they weren't available here in the US for the longest time. Maybe this is old news but I was just curious. Either way... likely going to pull the trigger on this since someone stole my SeaSucker bike mount during my move in last weekend :(

711420 Thule Wing Bar Evo 135 Aluminum Cross Bars - Black - 53" Long
Replaces Thule THARB53B
Item # TH711420

710501 Thule Evo Clamp Roof Rack Foot Pack for Bare Roofs - Qty 4
Replaces Thule TH480

145089 Custom Base Clips and Pads for Thule Evo Clamp Roof Rack Towers - Qty 4
Replaces Thule THKIT1634

also what size fairing are you guys running? Thule only has either the L (44") or the XL (52") which I think may be too big

Yakima apparently has a 46" one which may have a bit more coverage.. IDK how I feel about having 3mounting straps vs Thule's 4 mounting straps. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was able to source the F1767840 OEM roof rack from the CAR ACCESSOIRESPLUS.CO.UK. Great service, shipping was reasonable and fast. Accessories included. Unfortunately, no instructions.
Both bars look identical, is it really as simple as putting them on and tightening it down with the tool provided?
I'm trying to avoid doing something dumb and damaging my roof.

521 - 540 of 563 Posts