Ford Focus RS Forum banner
561 - 580 of 591 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried messing around with FORScan and managed to disable auto start/stop. Unfortunately with that I got lot of lights at the dash and car was saying that AWD is turned off (heh).
So to my question, is there a way to turn off auto start/stop by default using OBDlink MX+ and not get any errors?
Any guide/tutorial would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Tried messing around with FORScan and managed to disable auto start/stop. Unfortunately with that I got lot of lights at the dash and car was saying that AWD is turned off (heh).
So to my question, is there a way to turn off auto start/stop by default using OBDlink MX+ and not get any errors?
Easier with a Cobb AP

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Easier with a Cobb AP
^This. I believe the Nutron promoto dongle has a feature that automatically turns off the auto start/stop along with putting it in your desired drive mode, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My car audio guy has forscan and said he would help me remove sirius from the sources. I just want to be absolutely crystal clear.
I entered my vin and got the build info for my car and the first line is A328... all I am doing is changing the A to an 8 like the images below?

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
How to disable the "Double Honk" If you didn't do this you, you edited this line at some point. The As-built hacker program calculates the correct values automatically, that's why I suggest using it to make/keep up with changes.
Hey all, I was about to attempt to deactivate the double honk on my RS, however my values are different than those posted in the Focus ST forum, and I am not sure what I should change them to.

my value is 726-01-01 5100 0164 6A4F. The instructions say to subtract 0x80 (hex) from the first slot (5100 in my case).

what would be the correct value?

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
1,019 Posts
My car audio guy has forscan and said he would help me remove sirius from the sources. I just want to be absolutely crystal clear.
I entered my vin and got the build info for my car and the first line is A328... all I am doing is changing the A to an 8 like the images below?
I tried this and it didn't seem to change anything. I'm wondering if those values are for the earlier Sync versions and not v3.4?

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
402 Posts
The newer versions of FORscan should have that setting in the UI. You shouldn't have to subtract, it's an option in the program now (select from a dropdown, then program)

Here's the values I changed to make it work on my car if you want to stick with subtraction.

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Hey all, I was about to attempt to deactivate the double honk on my RS, however my values are different than those posted in the Focus ST forum, and I am not sure what I should change them to.

my value is 726-01-01 5100 0164 6A4F. The instructions say to subtract 0x80 (hex) from the first slot (5100 in my case).

what would be the correct value?
Was this only activated on the Canadian RS market? My US market 2016 has never done the double honk.

Also, what value did you put in place of 5100? If you did decimal (10 based) math instead of hex (16 base) I think you would get the wrong value of 5020. I think it should be 5080.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Was this only activated on the Canadian RS market? My US market 2016 has never done the double honk.

Also, what value did you put in place of 5100? If you did decimal (10 based) math instead of hex (16 base) I think you would get the wrong value of 5020. I think it should be 5080.
I haven't made any changes yet.

·
Registered
962 Posts
This is correct. However it didn’t work for me using this method the first time around. I believe the setting requires the car to be off and the head unit completely powered down to take effect. Ignition off, open and close door, wait a couple minutes.

There’s also a selection to disable Sirius under the APIM module configuration (not the “AS Built Format”)

·
Registered
26 Posts
The newer versions of FORscan should have that setting in the UI. You shouldn't have to subtract, it's an option in the program now (select from a dropdown, then program)

Here's the values I changed to make it work on my car if you want to stick with subtraction.
can confirm, the double honk setting is a drop down menu option now. changed it to disable and no more double sink while the engine is running. Many thanks!!

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
1,019 Posts
Idk what he ended up doing I wasn't there to witness it but he said he followed my directions and now sirius is gone.
So mine is gone too, but after I had set the value back to original.

I changed it to remove, changed it back. Then tried a full power down (off, doors open then closed), changed it, full power down, and still nothing. I didn't want to leave it like that if it made no difference, so I changed it back to the original value and Sirius is gone. Weird...

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Finally got a full featured OBD2 adapter and having fun with the driver setting menus. Customizing the 4 screen info is awesome
That looks like something worth doing!! I might customize the 4 screen just need to see if I want anything different than the stock screens split and the Ford ecomode screen just for fun of seing how uneco I drive…and do the tire monitor screen depending on what is displayed.

Is there any info somewhere on how to do those mods? I dont recall seing those specific ones before! Will go look at the first page immediately see if they are listed there already.

What does the « Tire Monitor » screen look like when selected? Do you see individual tire pressures?

·
Premium Member
8,263 Posts
The Ecomode is on the my MY 18, been using it all this time.

The rain sensing wipers option I would assume it wont work for USDM since we don't have the sensors either.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
402 Posts
Haven't found how to bring back the upshift indicator everyone wanted gone (except me). Also can't figure out how to run the spare key programming routine, but I'm still digging. So many options with a legit interface.

Reactions: nicklulu
561 - 580 of 591 Posts