Ford Focus RS Forum banner
541 - 556 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Is that enough lights?

😁
Well, bloody suicidal kangaroos, wombats.

17% (and increasing) of Canberra drivers have hit a kangaroo, with 2000 collisions per year...mostly urban around town areas.

Wombats, which are nocturnal, look like a dark pothole patch from a distance, which move erratically down the road when a car approaches. Without great lights they become apparent inside they braking distance, assuming you are already anticipating them.

They were great...miss them since Ford replaced the car (Turbo banjo oil leak...actually Timing Cover oil leak).

Getting super itchy to fit to the 'new car', but it's a huge job to get just right. And I'm super fussy.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
I come from the era..If you didn’t have, at least, a set of Lucas Flamethrowers, your car must be slow!
BTW, I showed my wife your list of bikes. She’s been beating the “I want another dirt bike“ drum.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
Not with FORscan.

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·
That is correct FORscan can't turn them off.

Reactions: ethosguy

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you have the as built file for your VIN from the Ford site then you can use it to recover back to the original configuration in the module(s) you changed and then try again to make your change(s).
I've down loaded the as built file but don't know how to read the file type - .ab file?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I've down loaded the as built file but don't know how to read the file type - .ab file?
I'm pretty sure they are .abt files, not just .ab, and will open with Windows Notepad to show the 16 bit codes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looking to turn off auto start/stop via forscan, tried some options I read in F150 forum but not successful. Anyone here done it? Running sync 3.4

·
Registered
91 Posts
To my knowledge it can't be done via Forscan. The only tool I know of that can do is the Cobb Accessport

·
Registered
983 Posts
Looking to turn off auto start/stop via forscan, tried some options I read in F150 forum but not successful. Anyone here done it? Running sync 3.4

See thread in link - it can be done in Forscan but you have to initialize the ABS afterwards or you'll get all kinds of error codes.

Also:

My changes through Forscan have remained after resets, power loss, etc.

If you don't want to go through the re-initializing the ABS after disabling Auto Start/Stop, you can also disable the Battery Management System (BMS). Without BMS active, Auto Start/Stop will not be active. Obviously that comes with it's own pros and cons but it is an alternative.

·
Registered
2016 NB
19 Posts
To my knowledge it can't be done via Forscan. The only tool I know of that can do is the Cobb Accessport
This is not true. I've done that using Forscan and focccus. In the BCMii (Main) config look for "Stop Start" and select "01 - without"
Then you need to re-init ABS and clear DTCs.

Also what did you find to be the cons in turning it off?
None of them found, actually.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Do I turn it off directly in BdyCM?
Also what did you find to be the cons in turning it off?
Yes - To disable BMS, you need to go into the BdyCM - Central Configuration (Main). Then scroll down and find "Battery Monitor Sensor" and select "01-Without Battery Monitor Sensor"

In theory, the cons are you lose all the benefits of the BMS - charging strategies, load monitoring/shedding, improved efficiency (like auto start/stop).

The single biggest impact for me would have been a fuel efficiency loss and the difference, again for me, has been negligible. So I have no negative observations to report but I'm using a 5lb lithium battery so a lot of the benefits were already lost once I strayed far enough from what the BMS was designed to handle.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yes - To disable BMS, you need to go into the BdyCM - Central Configuration (Main). Then scroll down and find "Battery Monitor Sensor" and select "01-Without Battery Monitor Sensor"

In theory, the cons are you lose all the benefits of the BMS - charging strategies, load monitoring/shedding, improved efficiency (like auto start/stop).

The single biggest impact for me would have been a fuel efficiency loss and the difference, again for me, has been negligible. So I have no negative observations to report but I'm using a 5lb lithium battery so a lot of the benefits were already lost once I strayed far enough from what the BMS was designed to handle.
Gee thanks Mister!

I tried looking up exactly what the BMS does but I gather it's centered around shutting electrical systems off to preserve battery or make it charge faster. I suppose none of it really matters if you have a functioning alternator and are on top of your maintenance.

Wrt ASS, if turning off the BMS stops the car stalling from a stop after it's been activated, I'm happy to see it go.

541 - 556 of 556 Posts