Ford Focus RS Forum banner
581 - 591 of 591 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
1,019 Posts
The eco-shift indicator is in Cobb's OTS tunes, but most other tuners disable it again. I haven't heard of a way to enable/disable that with forscan. So if you're tuned, you should ask your tuner to enable it.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
1,019 Posts
I'm from Germany and I've never heard Cobb's OTS. What is it? Forscan and UCDS are available
My understanding is that it's not actually disabled in our tunes, but the effective rpm that it would display the shift arrow is just increased to an rpm that could not be achievable. I think my tuner said he increased mine to 10k rpm to disable it.

Are you tuned, or still on the stock tune? If you are tuned, then your tuner should be able to add the eco shift back.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My understanding is that it's not actually disabled in our tunes, but the effective rpm that it would display the shift arrow is just increased to an rpm that could not be achievable. I think my tuner said he increased mine to 10k rpm to disable it.

Are you tuned, or still on the stock tune? If you are tuned, then your tuner should be able to add the eco shift back.
I don't have this on my RS but my wife's older Focus and her new Mazda 3 have this functionality (on the Focus it's just an arrow, on the Mazda it suggests which gear you should up/down shift to)

On both it is linked to speed/RPM and throttle input - if you are accelerating it would show up later in than when you pull the gas pedal up.

·
Registered
2016 NB
179 Posts
My concern is how to unlock the Ford ECO Mode.

In Germany, the RS has this switching recommendation ex works. So it shows me when I should shift up into which gear depending on the speed. With number and arrow
In my case the shifting hints appeared on my IPC when I flashed the PCM with EUDM firmware (I didn't have them with the stock USDM fw). They are pretty useless though, so it's not a big deal, really. As well as the EcoMode - who really cares about how greenish is his driving style on RS? Anyway you spoil 15-20 liters of petrol per 100km in city and at least 10 liters at a highway. You can't be green by driving the RS, it's just an oxymoron.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Thought I'd pile on to this thread instead of creating a new one.

As of the release version of Forscan v2.3.48 and as of this writing, in the Configuration and Programming section, in "BdyCM" and then within "Central configuration (Main)", there are two options for changing the tire size, which I've been trying to set; my street tires are the stock RS2 size of 235/35 R19, while my track set is 245/35 R18 (really thinking I should've gone 255, ah well, maybe next year).

The options are "Tire circumference", which lets you select from a list of circumferences and the other, "Tire dimension", which lets you select from a list of preset sizes.

I've been trying to find a size which doesn't result in DTC "U0422:00-2F" coming from the PCM; this is not the P610 DTC which can be cleared after running the PCM through a relearn procedure.

I'm aware of the spreadsheet that's out there which is geared (ha!) towards F-150's that spits out a hex value and even has a nifty GPS correction formula; if selecting a size from the preset list doesn't work out, I'll go that option.

With that said, I wanted to know what the circumference was for all the preset tire sizes available in Forscan. So, attached is an Excel workbook with all the options and circumferences listed. If circumference is king, then hopefully this information guides you to a tire with the right one, even if it may be the wrong size.

I'm not sure if the preset sizes influence the AWD or PCM, so here's hoping they don't.

Workbook: Tire Circumferences from BCM Main Configuration.xlsx

581 - 591 of 591 Posts