Ford Focus RS Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
anyone here running aggressive tunes that show more than -2.0 or -3.0 ignition corrections? curious how those tunes are working out for those folks?
this ? is for those who are on stock bottom ends

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
if anyone wants to follow along, lets reference this datalog here datazap.me | 320icar | 11/21/20 test

question 1: "etc angle actual degrees" is our electronic throttle body. the computer uses our fly by wire throttle in conjunction with the wastegate to control boost. when i give it 100% throttle input, the throttle body and wastegate should be pushed pretty hard to get me to full boost as fast as possible. i am tuned to run ~21.5psi, but i peak at 25.5psi and taper down. my wastegate duty cycle peaks at 58%, drops down to 32% before desired boost is reached, and then levels off at about 50%. the computer, with no change to my throttle pedal input, will also open and close the butterfly valve to meter how much boost the turbo will make.

i assume the "etc angle" is a read out of degrees, where 0° would be a closed butterfly valve and 90° would be a fully open one. on the datalog it never showed more than 82° for ETC angle. does that mean my car never actually gave me full throttle input? or is that just the max throttle value.

question 2: how many perimeters can we datalog at at time? stratified wants 22 specific things, but i'd also like to log a few more thats not on the list (oil temps, HPFP psi etc)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
question 1: i assume the "etc angle" is a read out of degrees, where 0° would be a closed butterfly valve and 90° would be a fully open one. on the datalog it never showed more than 82° for ETC angle. does that mean my car never actually gave me full throttle input? or is that just the max throttle value.

question 2: how many perimeters can we datalog at at time? stratified wants 22 specific things, but i'd also like to log a few more thats not on the list (oil temps, HPFP psi etc)
question 1: I think your throttle body is opening completely. Looking at my previous datalogs (not just on the RS but on all previously tuned cars), most actually never completely go down to 0 or up to 90. They all usually hover around 80-84 deg when fully open.

question 2: I don't know the exact number, but I think you are very close. I usually use the stratified datalog parameters when logging too, and on my recent attempt to diagnose some issues, I've tried to add some more parameters to log but ended up with the "too many parameters" error. I would guess it was no more than 3-4 additional parameters I added.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I think it depends on what you're logging. When I got a tune from Panda Motorworks, I logged maybe 3 less parameters than I did with Stratified and 3 different ones that Stratified doesn't ask for, but I couldn't display extra parameters on screen that I had no trouble displaying before.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
if anyone wants to follow along, lets reference this datalog here datazap.me | 320icar | 11/21/20 test

question 1: "etc angle actual degrees" is our electronic throttle body. the computer uses our fly by wire throttle in conjunction with the wastegate to control boost. when i give it 100% throttle input, the throttle body and wastegate should be pushed pretty hard to get me to full boost as fast as possible. i am tuned to run ~21.5psi, but i peak at 25.5psi and taper down. my wastegate duty cycle peaks at 58%, drops down to 32% before desired boost is reached, and then levels off at about 50%. the computer, with no change to my throttle pedal input, will also open and close the butterfly valve to meter how much boost the turbo will make.

i assume the "etc angle" is a read out of degrees, where 0° would be a closed butterfly valve and 90° would be a fully open one. on the datalog it never showed more than 82° for ETC angle. does that mean my car never actually gave me full throttle input? or is that just the max throttle value.

82° is the throttle fully open according to the Cobb tuning guide that Big Fat Flip posted elsewhere

201 - 206 of 206 Posts