Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have not seen a thread about Datazap. Super easy way to share, read and enjoy eachothers logs!

If you have any logs and wanna see them on a graph you can use datazap to do all the work for you.

List your logs here so we can share the wealth and geek out on some decimals and zeros!

Reactions: NitroBlueFTW

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Reactions: TinkerRS

·
Registered
778 Posts
Currently finding out the hard way how much Cali ACN91 octane sucks HUGE you know what... Still working with my tuner on tweaking it to make it fun but safe at the same time. It was even giving negative ign corrections on the Stage 0 map: https://datazap.me/u/theregoesthatdan/cobb-stage-0?log=0&data=4-8

For giggles, here is the 1st set on the Stage 1 map where I began my search for the station with the "best" ACN91 octane (sadly, discovered they all suck). Negative ign corrections EVERYWHERE!!!: https://datazap.me/u/theregoesthatdan/1st-set-stage-1-shell?log=0&data=4-8

Did further tests with 100 octane race gas to determine if the knock was real or from NVH. Definitely not from NVH: https://datazap.me/u/theregoesthatdan/2nd-set-stage-1-race-gas?log=0&data=4-8

Finally, here are the latest pulls I did tonight with the latest revision on ACN91. Still a WIP, but looking a lot better: https://datazap.me/u/theregoesthatdan/rev1-slot-4?log=0&data=4-8

I'm thinking of using this revision on ACN91 as my dd, and when I'm near a station with E85, adding 1 gallon of E85 and filling the rest with 91 to raise the octane slightly. That way I can use the slightly more aggressive Stage 1 map meant to be used with "normal" 91 octane.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
It has been brought to my attention that my name is in that log.

My name is so generic that I’m not stressing it. I’m a tiger stuck on a boat, a mutineered sea captain, etc etc. but for others, it could be wise to remove rl details from file names.

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Registered
778 Posts
Good idea. Didn't even dawn on me. Haha!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Currently finding out the hard way how much Cali ACN91 octane sucks HUGE you know what... Still working with my tuner on tweaking it to make it fun but safe at the same time. It was even giving negative ign corrections on the Stage 0 map: https://datazap.me/u/theregoesthatdan/cobb-stage-0?log=0&data=4-8

For giggles, here is the 1st set on the Stage 1 map where I began my search for the station with the "best" ACN91 octane (sadly, discovered they all suck). Negative ign corrections EVERYWHERE!!!: https://datazap.me/u/theregoesthatdan/1st-set-stage-1-shell?log=0&data=4-8

Did further tests with 100 octane race gas to determine if the knock was real or from NVH. Definitely not from NVH: https://datazap.me/u/theregoesthatdan/2nd-set-stage-1-race-gas?log=0&data=4-8

Finally, here are the latest pulls I did tonight with the latest revision on ACN91. Still a WIP, but looking a lot better: https://datazap.me/u/theregoesthatdan/rev1-slot-4?log=0&data=4-8

I'm thinking of using this revision on ACN91 as my dd, and when I'm near a station with E85, adding 1 gallon of E85 and filling the rest with 91 to raise the octane slightly. That way I can use the slightly more aggressive Stage 1 map meant to be used with "normal" 91 octane.
THanks for the logs! Oh my god I thought I have had a pain trying to find decent gas. . I see that you are in Orange County. Have you had any gas stations prove any success?

·
Registered
778 Posts
THanks for the logs! Oh my god I thought I have had a pain trying to find decent gas. . I see that you are in Orange County. Have you had any gas stations prove any success?
Unfortunately, none around the RSM/Mission Viejo area. Surprisingly, the worst one is a Chevron station close to me, but that could be a factor of many things. I've read/heard what matters most is to use a gas station that's always busy, since that would mean the fuel isn't sitting in the storage tanks for too long absorbing moisture. I'm just having my tuner adjust for the Shell station I always use closest to my house. I'd rather have him dial it back a bit on one slot of my AP that I can use when necessary, and use another high performance slot when I'm near a E85 station (or 100 octane at the pump like in Newport Beach) to mix with a tank of this crappy 91.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Same boat..just about same progress....
today I changed to new colder NGK plugs, a little less but still negative corrections...

found the 100 and 95 at the pump here in North San Diego...havn't put it in the tank yet...going to blend to make a 93...
test for NVH, then yes I want to generate data for +gal e85

Prolly go with what you were thinking mapwise-
a crap 91 for normal gas,
a high 91 for a +gal e85
and add a 93 for giggles

then move to a e30/40 tune, which will be an adder for another fuel?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately, none around the RSM/Mission Viejo area. Surprisingly, the worst one is a Chevron station close to me, but that could be a factor of many things. I've read/heard what matters most is to use a gas station that's always busy, since that would mean the fuel isn't sitting in the storage tanks for too long absorbing moisture. I'm just having my tuner adjust for the Shell station I always use closest to my house. I'd rather have him dial it back a bit on one slot of my AP that I can use when necessary, and use another high performance slot when I'm near a E85 station (or 100 octane at the pump like in Newport Beach) to mix with a tank of this crappy 91.
That is exactly what I have been experiencing. I am thinking of having my tuner dial something for when I top off with a gallon of E85. Then have another file for when I just use crappy 91 octane.

May I ask who you have tuning.

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
That is exactly what I have been experiencing. I am thinking of having my tuner dial something for when I top off with a gallon of E85. Then have another file for when I just use crappy 91 octane.

May I ask who you have tuning.
Randy at Mountune has been doing my tune. The process has been pretty straightforward. I essentially have what you are describing map-wise. First 2 slots are for when I can raise the octane a bit with some E85 (or 100 octane), third is their low boost map and the fourth is a slightly more conservative map to run on crappy ACN91 if I can't get to a E85 (or 100 octane) station.

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New e30 log. Don’t hit me!

Stock block. Stock exhaust, af intake, recirc valve, wga, some other stuff.

https://datazap.me/u/nitrosblueftw/log-1527428999?log=0&data=4-8

It’s iffy in places. But whaaa! More powah than I should have.

Edit: yeah that’s 550 Plus crank torques!
Where is your build page?? Are you just gonna drive it till it blows with that much torque? Those numbers are mad haha
That’s probably what he is shooting for! Good excuse to get a built long block and big turbo! ?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Where is your build page?? Are you just gonna drive it till it blows with that much torque? Those numbers are mad haha
To be honest I didn’t expect it to make that much torque. I logged again the next morning and it did it again.

It’s just a mountune b7 kit with a turbosmart wga, on e30. Nothing fancy.

I’ll probably drop down to my 91 tune after one more e30 revision. Or maybe ask randy for a slightly detuned e30 map, until I build a schnazzy short block.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
That’s probably what he is shooting for! Good excuse to get a built long block and big turbo! ��
I may act like I don’t care if it blows up. But I won’t. Scattering parts is expensive and messy. My build made way more power than it should have. I’ll put together a forged bottom end, balance shaft delete, fancy oil baffled short block in before it pops.

Reactions: TinkerRS

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
So this is the cobb AP telling you your torque and go at crank?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Yup. It’s sounds to be pretty accurate. It’s the same calculation that the factory ecu uses for its torque targets.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Can't wait to play with mine!! It should be waiting in my mail when I get home. Now I just have to hope my old laptop works because I don't even use a PC anymore lol may have to use work computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would be cool 1 or 2 data logs from different cars on the stock tune. Would be interested to see the crank torque and if there's any ignition corrections, etc. then compare to what its reporting after flashing in the tune.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts