Ford Focus RS Forum banner
341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Cross posting here to share the install I did today,

Been sitting on my black nuts since Oct last year from my nephew's late birthday gift.

They are taller than the OE, however they are more flush on the wheel since the it mates better than the OE (acorn is bigger on the OE that does not fully mate, more thread contact on the new nuts).

So half of the OE nuts I have got stuck on the lug wrench, I needed to to re-thread on the stud and remove them by hand:

Before:

After:

NOTE:

• The new lug nuts acorns section fully mates with the wheel compared to the OE lug nuts.
  • There are more thread contact with the new lugnuts
  • Torque recommendation for these lug nuts are to FOLLOW VEHICLE MANUFACTURER'S TORQUE SPECS, some after market lug nuts torque specs does not go as high as Ford's specs.
These are very solid black nuts!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cross posting here to share the install I did today,

Been sitting on my black nuts since Oct last year from my nephew's late birthday gift.
View attachment 349683
View attachment 349684

View attachment 349685

They are taller than the OE, however they are more flush on the wheel since the it mates better than the OE (acorn is bigger on the OE that does not fully mate, more thread contact on the new nuts).
View attachment 349686

View attachment 349687

So half of the OE nuts I have got stuck on the lug wrench, I needed to to re-thread on the stud and remove them by hand:
View attachment 349688

Before:

View attachment 349689

After:

View attachment 349690

NOTE:

• The new lug nuts acorns section fully mates with the wheel compared to the OE lug nuts.
  • There are more thread contact with the new lugnuts
  • Torque recommendation for these lug nuts are to FOLLOW VEHICLE MANUFACTURER'S TORQUE SPECS, some after market lug nuts torque specs does not go as high as Ford's specs.
These are very solid black nuts!
Great post.

I'm was already looking at DP Accessories for short open-end lug nuts. I'll definitely get these I found on Amazon:

I don't really care about the color since they will not be seen on the wheels I'm planning to buy (18x8.5 ET45):

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Great post.

I'm was already looking at DP Accessories for short open-end lug nuts. I'll definitely get these I found on Amazon:

View attachment 352711

I don't really care about the color since they will not be seen on the wheels I'm planning to buy (18x8.5 ET45):

View attachment 352712

Yep, color and of it's open or close end would not matter for deez wheels.

Check out:

@RS GoD SaLo would love for someone to have his (lug) nuts and locks.

Reactions: Crystals

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep, color and of it's open or close end would not matter for deez wheels.

Check out:

@RS GoD SaLo would love for someone to have his (lug) nuts and locks.
For the past 8 months! 😮

I've already put the order in on Amazon, though...someone else will have to grab his (lug) nuts!

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
For the past 8 months! 😮

I've already put the order in on Amazon, though...someone else will have to grab his (lug) nuts!
SOLD THANK YOU @nicklulu for all the help

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
270 Posts
I currently use these joints from Turner Motorsport (link below). They were specifically engineered by Turner for use on their racing cars. I've been using TMS products on all my cars for over a decade. Track tested, no failures of any kind. You guys should give them a try.

I know these are a bit costly but figured an all-in-one lugnut thread wouldn't be complete without them.

I have also used wheel studs from TMS on previous cars as well, and I plan on installing them to the RS shortly; I'll make a post about them, just waiting on rear hubs to arrive to complete the conversion.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ended up ordering Gorilla 71633 for myself a couple of months ago... or something, time feels fluid. They look clean and not intrusive. Fit rather nicely with the OEM 19" forged. Can post up pics

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,436 Posts
Installed these beauties today along with my mag blue TE37s. R40 Iconix in Neo Chrome with black plastic caps. Was about a 3 month wait for these babies.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ended up ordering Gorilla 71633 for myself a couple of months ago... or something, time feels fluid. They look clean and not intrusive. Fit rather nicely with the OEM 19" forged. Can post up pics
I just ordered a set of those, I like the idea of having 5 symmetrical lug nuts on each wheel. Having one lock nut with four lug nuts was becoming an eye sore and just bothered the **** outta me...

Reactions: braap

·
Registered
262 Posts
Now, if only i can get my hands on a nice set of Mountune center caps......😄😁

• Haha
Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
262 Posts
Gorilla Lugz showed up today

Automotive tire Glove Material property Personal protective equipment Auto part