Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks good, might have to pick a set of these up in black - non a fan of those stock acorns, doubt anyone is for that matter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lug Nuts

lugnut.JPG

I finally stopped driving long enough to notice that each wheel has a unique lug nut. There is no tool or device in the trunk or glove compartment to address these special lug nuts. I can't find any info in the manual. The dealer is as befogged as I. Does anyone else have these?

·
Registered
409 Posts
That's a security lug nut.... the security socket should be in your glovebox or in the hatch cargo set. If it's missing then the dealer owes you the correct one... each and every car comes with one and has its own unique printed security-code to decipher/order a replacement if needed. Again they should have given you one as part of the accessory standard items.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes, these are standard. Dealer should have supplied the key when the car was delivered.

·
Registered
372 Posts
image.jpeg

One of the first things removed, they look terrible with the forged wheels.

Reactions: ToucanLife

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine came in a nice cloth pouch, sitting in my glove box :)

·
Super Moderator
16,176 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
OK, things are getting a bit weird in here.
Sorry.. my wife just got a new car two days ago as well, confused myself with the new carness.. the Lancer came with a nice cloth pouch for the wheel lock tool.. i just looked in my glovebox, it's a bag with "orange" written on it.. nothing fancy :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sales guy handed me mine, plastic bag too :/

But the dealer def owes you one if its missing, i don't know where it comes when the car is delivered as they had it out when i arrived.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
That's a security lug nut.... the security socket should be in your glovebox or in the hatch cargo set. If it's missing then the dealer owes you the correct one... each and every car comes with one and has its own unique printed security-code to decipher/order a replacement if needed. Again they should have given you one as part of the accessory standard items.

This...plus a card with the mykey security code.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lug Nuts

OK, things are getting a bit weird in here.
It's about to get more weird, mine was under the driver seat taped, wrapped in tissue and cloth and then a bag was over everything. Dealer told me upon coming for pick up as I took off all the plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So I guess I have to, at the very least, buy a set of four factory lug nuts. Poop.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts