Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i live in a boondock hillbilly town, there are 3 here that i know about and seen ( including mine ) with a sighting of a 4th ( another white that somebody thought was me )

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rare is a relative term. When you are talking about car production numbers, less than 50 is pretty rare. What about that Ferrari 250 GTO that just sold for 70 million? I believe it was one of three! That's RARE. As far as the RS, it's kind of a specialty car that was produced in "low" numbers. Based on that fact, I think the future value of the car looks promising. I live in San Diego, a county of over 3 million people and "rarely" see an RS on the road. I have an 18 Race Red RS and have never seen another like it, in my travels. My hope is that the RS will maintain its value as a specialty car in the "hot hatch" segment? I also believe that a well maintained example of the RS will always command a premium price, at resale. I'm not worried about resale, because I have no intention, whatsoever, of ever selling my car. It's too much fun to drive to sell!

·
5,588 Posts
2016 and 2017 saw quite a few.

2018 - hardly seen any in Sydney Town except mine.

Yes becoming rarer by the day.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
What's going to make mine rare is; I don't plan on modding my RS at all. It will be one of the few RS's that will be bone-stock! ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have seen 4 other RS's at work. I've seen 1 other RS on the road driving - ever.

I don't think the car will ever be especially valuable, but it's certainly unique.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have seen maybe 10 RS's in the Chicago land area and there all 2016-2017 models.

I have a 2018 NB LE and I have not seen one 2018 model. 2018 LE imo ...... IS ABSOLUTELY RARE!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've lived in the Detroit-Metro area for about the past 6 months where as you can imagine the Ford scene is pretty big. I see ST's EVERYWHERE. I've only however seen 2 other RS's around town, one in Detroit (Grey) that had Canadian license plates and another (White) a bit further outside the city, but that was months ago. Do I think it's rare because of that? No, not really, the car is too new...give it a few years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmmmmmmm...rare...

I'm curious - do you consider the Focus RS a rare car? We have some rough numbers: 27,000 cars affected by the HG recall, which probably means something like 30-35k produced overall. So while it's not a very high production car by any stretch, there are still a good number out there. Since "rare" doesn't really have a clear definition, I'll leave it to you all. Is it or isn't it?
I live in a fairly large CA city and I've never seen another RS in town..in fact, soon after I purchased I got a letter asking if I would be willing to participate in a "think tank" group for the RS..I said sure and didn't think any more about it. Then about 2 months ago I got a call from a performance company asking if they could come and conduct a "test" on the car..and for THAT, I would get $500..I said SURE!! You bet!! Sure enough the technician comes, turns the engine on, turns the engine off, bada boom, bada bing, he's done, hands me a check for $500 (I told him he could come every week if he wanted). He was from the Inland Empire and I asked him how many he was testing that day in my town..he said I was it..so?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rare is a relative term, especially since you can still today walk into a Ford dealer and buy one. My local ford dealer has a 2018 still in his showroom, the dealer down the road 15 miles has 3-4 he advertises. I used to see them around town, 2-3, but since buying mine I have not seen them again. A Dr. buddy of mine has one, he purchased it right before I did mine. So, rare? Perhaps.

On a side note, the fella I used to darken the tint on my windows, will not do an RS again for the price or maybe ever, due to having to remove (or at least loosen) the rear wing to cut the rear glass vinyl. Also, he put almost 3 miles on the car (not sure how happy I was about that but since he was the owner).

·
Registered
6 Posts
By the end of this year no more RSs will be selling in NA, total amount of cars in US will be around 1000 and 500 in Canada (1500 total in NA), for you to decide how rear car is. According to consumer research ( based on previous limited production cars in US), resale price for RS in 2025 with low mileage and in good condition will be about $70K.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well those numbers just don't seem right. Im pretty sure there will be (1500) 2018 LEs in North America.

As for 70k in 7 years?

Maybe, but that seems really optimistic.

Then again cars are changing, and we have one of the last great "analog" cars.

By the end of this year no more RSs will be selling in NA, total amount of cars in US will be around 1000 and 500 in Canada (1500 total in NA), for you to decide how rear car is. According to consumer research ( based on previous limited production cars in US), resale price for RS in 2025 with low mileage and in good condition will be about $70K.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'm curious - do you consider the Focus RS a rare car? We have some rough numbers: 27,000 cars affected by the HG recall, which probably means something like 30-35k produced overall. So while it's not a very high production car by any stretch, there are still a good number out there. Since "rare" doesn't really have a clear definition, I'll leave it to you all. Is it or isn't it?
Not even close to rare in my opinion.

It'll be rare in 30 years probably when all the wanna be drifters wrap enough of them around trees, smash them into curbs or just drive into other random objects.

2018 LE specifically is more rare.. but.. having owned a 1 of 320 MY vehicle.. still not THAT rare.

Edit: It's interesting to see how many people don't see other RS' out there. Hell there were two (including mine) in my subdivision of ~100 homes and I see 1-2 each week. The only color I rarely see is black.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Well those numbers just don't seem right. Im pretty sure there will be (1500) 2018 LEs in North America.

As for 70k in 7 years?

Maybe, but that seems really optimistic.

Then again cars are changing, and we have one of the last great "analog" cars.
Agreed... No chance in hell with a 2018 LE be worth 70K in 7 years. Even if shrink wrapped since new and kept in a climate controlled garage.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
can I have some? What your smoking. I could use some.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts