Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time member long time focusrs.org researcher. I have been running E30 for a few months and recently installed the zeitronix ethanol kit on my 2016 RS. I ran into an issue with trying to find info on how to make the fuel lines . I contacted FBM , no reply, contacted MaPerfomance unfortunately they couldn’t help, contacted Tune+ about purchasing lines from them. They told me that they couldn’t break up kits and to sell my kit, and buy theirs. ?? After doing a lot of internet searching I was able to figure out what parts are needed to make them. It was really frustrating not finding the info/ help I was looking for. I figured I would share with you guys in hopes that it may help the next guy / gal attempting this install.

The stock fuel lines use 5/16 quick disconnects and the Ethanol sensor uses 3/8 quick disconnects. For the instal we will be removing the stock line pictured below that connects to the back of the HPFP and to the hard line connection to the right of the pump.
Here is a list of needed parts to make the lines.
24” of good quality 3/8 rubber fuel line cut into two lengths, 1 about 14 inches and 1 about 10 inches long.
SS hose clamps (I used Dixon MAH-4 7/32 - 5/8 )

14” line quick disconnect fittings
1 5/6 to 3/8 straight dorman 800-084
1 3/8 straight dorman 800-082

10” line quick disconnect fittings
1 3/8 elbow dorman 800-086
1 5/16 to 3/8 elbow dorman 800-092
The two most difficult parts of the install are getting the metal hard line to disconnect from metal quick disconnect end of the line, and getting the sensor wires through the firewall grommet on the passenger side of the car.

A4267D4E-5E76-4D50-8156-F540FC7ECDB9.jpeg

·
Registered
120 Posts
No no no no NO. If you had really lurked here long enough, you would of known to come out of nowhere and say you had a blown engine with your first post.

All jokes aside, thanks for the info. I don't have access to e85 where I live, but will probably be moving soon and maybe I will then. This post may well come in handy for me a while down the line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TBH, after hooking it up I was less than 1% off either way. I have been using the mix tool from Adamtune’s website. The hard part is guessing how much fuel is in the tank percentage wise. To me it was still worth it to know where I am at live though.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
TBH, after hooking it up I was less than 1% off either way. I have been using the mix tool from Adamtune’s website. The hard part is guessing how much fuel is in the tank percentage wise. To me it was still worth it to know where I am at live though.
If you have a Cobb AP, I've found that the "fuel level input" (%) is fairly accurate. I usually take that percentage vs total capacity (13.9gal) and would mix my fuel based on that and get between E29-E31 consistently.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you have a Cobb AP, I've found that the "fuel level input" (%) is fairly accurate. I usually take that percentage vs total capacity (13.9gal) and would mix my fuel based on that and get between E29-E31 consistently.
I do the same. The Cobb AP fuel reading is quite accurate.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Yes it seems pretty good except I NEVER see 100% full, I only ever see, 99.6%

1 - 10 of 10 Posts