Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering going for the Mountune B7 package.
I do already have the engine mount and air filter, but the rest I need. Seems like a good price?

What are your thoughts for the money, well spent?
What kind of whp you think I could expect from that package?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to be in the 370 - 400whp at some point.
I believe Mountune does list the expected gains. I was just curious if anyone had thoughts on the package as a kit.
I am pretty new to this world. I know better than just slap a big turbo on my car and turn up the boost, but still learning a lot.

Very grateful for this forum. :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The dyno chart you see is the B3 package + intercooler on the B7 page. On a stock turbo you really don't need to upgrade the charge pipes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I assembled a full B7 in stages, beginning with the M380 kit, which I enjoyed as a mild performance upgrade to stock. I decided to add the remaining components, culminating in the intercooler upgrade last month. The only difference now to the full B7 kit is the addition of the Lower Intake Duct.

Working with Randy and iterating on logs/tunes culminated in a car that is noticeably quicker. The engine is very smooth, with no noticeable NVH, with seamless acceleration in normal driving and also in WOT. And more frequent pops/crackles between shifts.

We completed the calibration last week, and Randy informed me that the data show a 77 WHP / 105 WTQ gain over the best Cobb Stage 0 run, calibrated for 93 octane fuel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I assembled a full B7 in stages, beginning with the M380 kit, which I enjoyed as a mild performance upgrade to stock. I decided to add the remaining components, culminating in the intercooler upgrade last month. The only difference now to the full B7 kit is the addition of the Lower Intake Duct.

Working with Randy and iterating on logs/tunes culminated in a car that is noticeably quicker. The engine is very smooth, with no noticeable NVH, with seamless acceleration in normal driving and also in WOT. And more frequent pops/crackles between shifts.

We completed the calibration last week, and Randy informed me that the data show a 77 WHP / 105 WTQ gain over the best Cobb Stage 0 run, calibrated for 93 octane fuel.
Glad to hear that's working out for you!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Out of curiosity, what happens if the car develops an engine problem? My last RS blew an engine which is why I’m alittle worried, luckily it was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased the B7 package from mountune along with the lower intake duct during the black Friday sale they had. I already had the Accessport , so, I flipped that and saved even more $$$. The only other engine parts I had installed already were things like catch cans and a breather plate. After installing everything, I brought the car up to Justin at freektune for a Dyno tuning session. My goal was to increase the performance of the car, but, not to sacrifice the reliability. It's my daily driver. My impressions of the car afterwards is that it certainly makes more power throughout the rpm range. There's way more induction noise now between the removal of the underhood sound deadening and the larger diameter aluminum intake. There's more vibration with the addition of the rear motor mount. I'm happy to put up with all of that for the extra power. In the end the car made 349 hp and 407 tq at the wheels.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m considering going for the Mountune B7 package.
I do already have the engine mount and air filter, but the rest I need. Seems like a good price?

What are your thoughts for the money, well spent?
What kind of whp you think I could expect from that package?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I purchased the B7 package from mountune along with the lower intake duct during the black Friday sale they had. I already had the Accessport , so, I flipped that and saved even more $$$. The only other engine parts I had installed already were things like catch cans and a breather plate. After installing everything, I brought the car up to Justin at freektune for a Dyno tuning session. My goal was to increase the performance of the car, but, not to sacrifice the reliability. It's my daily driver. My impressions of the car afterwards is that it certainly makes more power throughout the rpm range. There's way more induction noise now between the removal of the underhood sound deadening and the larger diameter aluminum intake. There's more vibration with the addition of the rear motor mount. I'm happy to put up with all of that for the extra power. In the end the car made 349 hp and 407 tq at the wheels.

Nice! Too bad they didn't do a before and after run, as not all dynos are alike. If you're having NVH issues, ask your tuner to up the idle by 100-200 rpm with the AC on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought of that too, but, it was already tuned via an Accessport for a stock vehicle. It would have been nice to see what the numbers were for that tune as well as with the factory tune. I mentioned the NVH more to set people's expectations. It doesn't bother me at all. My prior vehicle was an 07 Mazdaspeed 3 with all three motor mounts replaced and an upgraded suspension. I felt way more NVH in that car than this RS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was very interested in the B7 kit, but now hearing no more custom calibration with the kit and recirc valve. ic hardpipes and rmm are back ordered. Oh and no more V2 exhausts, just V2X that you can pre-order (pay now) for August delivery.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Was very interested in the B7 kit, but now hearing no more custom calibration with the kit and recirc valve. ic hardpipes and rmm are back ordered. Oh and no more V2 exhausts, just V2X that you can pre-order (pay now) for August delivery.
There are other options, such as:

Edit: I forgot to mention that California is under a shutdown of sorts, so I don't think the backorders are their fault (this time). Non-essential businesses are forced to close, likely including Mountune, until mid-April at the earliest. But don't worry, weed dispensaries and liquor stores are considered essential and are open for business!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
For those who are dailying the B7, is it reliable? How many miles have you done with it? Have you ever needed to return to stock?

·
Registered
13 Posts
For those who are dailying the B7, is it reliable? How many miles have you done with it? Have you ever needed to return to stock?
In my experince Mountune parts have been just as reliable as factory if not better. I have heard of some having issues with the intercooler from older kits, but nothing bad about the recent versions available. I have 12k on my current engine & 8k on the previous motor before it was replaced under warranty (botched head gasket repair). The only thing I have done to return to stock is flash the pcm back before I had it serviced by the dealer for the aformentioned repair. Mountune works with Ford directly so pretty much worry free.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My car is my daily and I've put 15,000 miles on it with the B7 installed. I don't drive it particularly hard but everything has been rock solid reliable, no issues ever with the Mountune parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts