Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering going for the Mountune B7 package.
I do already have the engine mount and air filter, but the rest I need. Seems like a good price?

What are your thoughts for the money, well spent?
What kind of whp you think I could expect from that package?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to be in the 370 - 400whp at some point.
I believe Mountune does list the expected gains. I was just curious if anyone had thoughts on the package as a kit.
I am pretty new to this world. I know better than just slap a big turbo on my car and turn up the boost, but still learning a lot.

Very grateful for this forum. :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The dyno chart you see is the B3 package + intercooler on the B7 page. On a stock turbo you really don't need to upgrade the charge pipes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I assembled a full B7 in stages, beginning with the M380 kit, which I enjoyed as a mild performance upgrade to stock. I decided to add the remaining components, culminating in the intercooler upgrade last month. The only difference now to the full B7 kit is the addition of the Lower Intake Duct.

Working with Randy and iterating on logs/tunes culminated in a car that is noticeably quicker. The engine is very smooth, with no noticeable NVH, with seamless acceleration in normal driving and also in WOT. And more frequent pops/crackles between shifts.

We completed the calibration last week, and Randy informed me that the data show a 77 WHP / 105 WTQ gain over the best Cobb Stage 0 run, calibrated for 93 octane fuel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I assembled a full B7 in stages, beginning with the M380 kit, which I enjoyed as a mild performance upgrade to stock. I decided to add the remaining components, culminating in the intercooler upgrade last month. The only difference now to the full B7 kit is the addition of the Lower Intake Duct.

Working with Randy and iterating on logs/tunes culminated in a car that is noticeably quicker. The engine is very smooth, with no noticeable NVH, with seamless acceleration in normal driving and also in WOT. And more frequent pops/crackles between shifts.

We completed the calibration last week, and Randy informed me that the data show a 77 WHP / 105 WTQ gain over the best Cobb Stage 0 run, calibrated for 93 octane fuel.
Glad to hear that's working out for you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts