Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Focus RS, 2000 Ford Lightning
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I just grabbed a '17 Focus RS three weeks ago and gonna get started on my build soon. I just recently finished restoring a 2000 Ford Lightning (bucket list!) and figured the perfect daily would be a lil RS. I previously built an EVO but figured I wanted to try something new and was pleasantly surprised that Ford did this car right and it feels great! I'm located in SoCal, Orange County, and would love to meet up with some folks sometime.

I'll be posting build details soon, but the car will be going through a pretty insane transformation in the next 60 days. Sadly, I can't drive the lightning anymore because CA sucks and it got hit with a STAR inspection. Although the truck still has factory manifolds and cats under it they likely still wouldn't pass it because of some other small modifications needed for the power it was making. So it's in storage for now until I can get out of state to enjoy it, of course I only finished it 6 months before it got put into storage :(

So as soon as we get moved out of our current house I'll be placing a pretty large order and getting this Focus ready to smash! I'll post a build list soon here or in another forum so we can debate how I waste all my money :D

New to this forum but will try to input photos of the restored truck and the new RS below!

Scotto-
IG: Scotto811

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know who in the world would want to hide this...... Big ol' cams and a flowmaster. 🤤

·
Registered
5 Posts
When Cali voted between the weed and the speed..... you knew who won. 😁
Just wait, after the EPA fines every speed shop in the state out of business, they'll start hitting smoke shops and dispensaries for providing items and services that turn people into "gross polluters".....

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Just wait, after the EPA fines every speed shop in the state out of business, they'll start hitting smoke shops and dispensaries for providing items and services that turn people into "gross polluters".....

Dear Lord....

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't leave fast enough...... Just waiting for work to approve my permanent WFH solution and we're out!! Last year we paid 86k in income, property and other taxes (not including our stupid 8% sales tax.)
Worst part is my truck is now considered a "commercial vehicle" because it has a pickup bed (lots of lightning owners surely seek them out for their amazing work applications, right?) My yearly registration dues are an insane $580... for a 20+ year old truck...... Let that sink in. I'm originally from WI and I think I used to pay $85 for my 2500 Diesel (actual) work truck. :(

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
My niece just drove there last week for her masters, then drove to MN to pick up her cousins to drive back to WI.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Welcome Scott & beautiful RS!

I love the truck! I used to have an ‘02 SVT Lightning myself! That blower whine never gets old. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unlike your constant whining on the car forums..........??

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome! CA really has so much to offer; it's a shame it's been turned into........................well; whatever it is now. Congrats on your rides, and good luck with the move to your new home!

·
Registered
2016 RS2
344 Posts
Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
2016 RS2
344 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Holy F that Lightning is nice AF. I want one of those one day
Thanks! 2 years and 35K later.... LOL!! It was a bucket list though and it's such a blast. Was a trick to find one that was unmodified with low mileage but was able to snag this one with only 80k on it. It was originally black and I hated that so this is a wrap over that. The car is old, but brand new. That was the goal.... Every exterior plastic, entire interior, etc all brand new. re-cast 20" wheels and a bit moar power (currently conservatively tuned for 455 Whp on 12lbs boost on unmodified stock blower.) I figure if the Focus gets up to that number soon I'll go get a new Kenny Bell and make the truck 600ish. MUHAHAHAHA :) Focus cant lay down moar power than the Lightning.... it just cant.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks! 2 years and 35K later.... LOL!! It was a bucket list though and it's such a blast. Was a trick to find one that was unmodified with low mileage but was able to snag this one with only 80k on it. It was originally black and I hated that so this is a wrap over that. The car is old, but brand new. That was the goal.... Every exterior plastic, entire interior, etc all brand new. re-cast 20" wheels and a bit moar power (currently conservatively tuned for 455 Whp on 12lbs boost on unmodified stock blower.) I figure if the Focus gets up to that number soon I'll go get a new Kenny Bell and make the truck 600ish. MUHAHAHAHA :) Focus cant lay down moar power than the Lightning.... it just cant.

That makes me tingley in all the right places hahaha

1 - 20 of 28 Posts