Ford Focus RS Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would think it might be painful. Excruciating to pay for a dealer to do it :O

;-)

For real I can't imagine getting into the dash to open the hvac to access the coil is a simple process. There are cans of things that you can try to spray into your vents that claim to clean it out. I don't really have much experience with them. Google is your friend.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Spray some Lysol in the system from the intake side. I believe it gets outside air from the mesh vents behind the hood below the windshield (remove the grills). There is also one or two cabin intakes for re-circulation mode. My guess would be to run the system on high with fan only as the AC will pull in more moisture.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just ordered a new cabin filter... I found this video 3 years ago when I needed to replace it in my ST. It should still be relevant to the RS.

Thanks for the video link. Not sure if there is a difference in air conditioning systems between the ST in the video and the RS but the video has the air flow in reverse for our cars.
I changed mine today and the arrows pointed away from the firewall and towards the cabin. The intake/firewall side of the filter was much dirtier than the exhaust/cabin side which confirms it for me.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts