Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the allen bolts holding on to the OEM bypass valve popped out with the heat cycles, should have used locktite. If anyone knows the part number or for some reason has a spare, shoot me an offer.

I'll be using an aluminum BOV in the meantime since it fits into the recessed opening of the OEM valve and won't flex open on boost.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Are you talking about the T30 torx bolts on the recirc valve? Same thing happened to me and I went ahead and just took the remaining two to the hardware store and replaced them with socket heads. I believe they are M4 or M5x8mm? sorry, its been a while...

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@BigFatFlip Yep, that's the ones I'm looking for, not sure why I hadn't considered the hardware store. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
@BigFatFlip Yep, that's the ones I'm looking for, not sure why I hadn't considered the hardware store. Thank you!
Just be sure to get SS or something corrosion resistant since it's exposed to the elements down there. I typically try to get Grade 5 (SAE)/8.8 (Metric) or more for automotive fasteners that might see some load, but I didn't think these particular bolts are getting any stress apart from trying to keep a nice seal, so I felt whatever the hardware store had was sufficient.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently (stupidly) stripped the head of one of these OEM BPV bolts, so I replaced all three. For the record, these are stainless steel, M6x16mm bolts.

The ones I installed are 5mm Allen/hex, socket head bolts and they work great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts