Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an original taillight to replace my damaged one. Anyone have theirs kicking around after putting on the nice LED's???

PM me. Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$200 sounds good? Either cash or PayPal, whatever your preference. I'm getting Ford to buy back my RS since it has so many problems and is close to the end of the warranty. Really sad to get rid of it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
What’s a car near the end of its warranty worth in a buy back situation?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What’s a car near the end of its warranty worth in a buy back situation?
Warranty is irrelevant for buyback. But for the owner, it is important. It's a lemon, so how much money should you spend on a fresh out-of-warranty "premium" product? Buyback is largely governed by State law. Here in Louisiana, they pay you for all costs incurred in acquiring the auto including extended warranty, ADM, and even interest on the loan. Then they take out "fair use" fees which is based on the Federal rate for milage (which I believe is about $.50/mile). At 32K miles I lose quite a bit of money, even with my short loan. BUT...! The law here also states that lemon law applies from the first major issue which for me was my motor replacement @ 14k miles. The unique problem for me is "diminished value". Essentially, my RS is worthless. Absolutely no one will buy my car with so many repairs.

Here is the list:

2nd motor
3rd transmission
2nd clutch (due to defective slave cylinder)
2nd clutch slave cylinder
2nd set of catalytic converters
2nd rear oil seal
2nd HPFP (not yet fixed)
2nd head gasket on the 2nd motor! (TSB)

Oh it's still waiting on parts for the cats/TSB/rear oil seal....

This is diminished value.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts