Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so this might sound a bit nutty, but basically I'm trying to get someone to do a color matched paint job to NB and I think it'd be helpful to supply a sample of the real thing. I'm thinking a cut square from a scrapped bumper or something. I have no idea what is a reasonable payment for such a thing, but I'm interested to hear if someone can hook me up for a reasonable price.

Also please PM or @ me if you respond, it helps to get the notification.

·
Registered
20 Posts
take your car to the shop. They just need to mix something, put it on a stick, then hold it up to your paint in the sun, not really a big deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can get the NB paint code online and have it mixed. Or order the paint from an OE paint supplier and give it to whoever you're having paint whatever.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ok so this might sound a bit nutty, but basically I'm trying to get someone to do a color matched paint job to NB and I think it'd be helpful to supply a sample of the real thing. I'm thinking a cut square from a scrapped bumper or something. I have no idea what is a reasonable payment for such a thing, but I'm interested to hear if someone can hook me up for a reasonable price.

Also please PM or @ me if you respond, it helps to get the notification.
take your car to the shop. They just need to mix something, put it on a stick, then hold it up to your paint in the sun, not really a big deal.
One issue is delta E, while also having the paint chip flake sprayed correctly. Delta E is color variance measure in spectrography while flake is important to note at what angle and volume dispersement. Flake applied to drying surface will pop louder due to flattening and settling . Flake applied while tacky or wet is key. Think of metallic paint as postage stamps, thrown onto a wet wall. Your hoping that they stick very randomly everywhere while having uniformity in volume. ****s hard. Lol.
sorry do quality control and approve paint weekly . 😂

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The original brochure had a 2 inch square of it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts