Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Ford roof racks for the RS - those imported from Europe.
Let me know if you have a set for sale in good to excellent condition, and the price you are looking for.
Pictures help of course.
I'm out west, so shipping will likely be involved.

Thanks
Uncle Pablo

·
Super Moderator
16,750 Posts
Offender has been disposed of.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too am looking for one of these and I’ve seen there is a kit Thule makes that uses the alignment holes just like the euro one does. Maybe that could work. Idk what the real difference is between the actual Ford one and say the Thule Aeroblade if you have those specific mounts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I too am looking for one of these and I’ve seen there is a kit Thule makes that uses the alignment holes just like the euro one does. Maybe that could work. Idk what the real difference is between the actual Ford one and say the Thule Aeroblade if you have those specific mounts.
I haven't seen the Thule kit, and would be interested in it - I believe Thule makes the Euro Ford kit.
Don;'t know about the differences, but the Euro Ford kit was priced very well. Too bad I didn't act when it could be had through the English Ford parts outlet.
Can you send the Thule kit #?
thx

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
From memory the thule adapter number is 1634, I got it with the black aeroblades and footpacks.

I think I saw they now have similar cut-to-size bars that make them flush with the mounts that would look like the ford euro bars.

I got my kit on amazon.uk it was significantly cheaper than anywhere else even with shipping and conversion rates. I dont know if that would still be the case but it’s worth checking if you end up buying thule stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From memory the thule adapter number is 1634, I got it with the black aeroblades and footpacks.

I think I saw they now have similar cut-to-size bars that make them flush with the mounts that would look like the ford euro bars.

I got my kit on amazon.uk it was significantly cheaper than anywhere else even with shipping and conversion rates. I dont know if that would still be the case but it’s worth checking if you end up buying thule stuff.
Thanks - I'll check that kit out.

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep what he said. 1634 was the part number for the mounts and then it looks like you add whatever bars you want from Thule. I think I’m going to pull the trigger on this set up.

@ Barroux The UK Amazon truck sounds easy I’ll check that out first.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
8 Posts
See the following link: RACK ASSY - ROOF F1767840

I got mine through them, and if I recall correctly it was around USD $320ish total shipped to the US (We don't have to pay VAT, which brings price a bit down). Surprisingly, even though I got during the strict Covid-19 lockdown back in March it only took about a week to receive it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got back to this - Thanks for the info. However it seems the Hendy website is no longer taking orders - a new online store is being set up. Dang - Time to work on plan B

·
Registered
128 Posts

I have been looking at this one, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I know some folks have bought the Euro Rear Headrests and Euro Center Consoles from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I have been looking at this one, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I know some folks have bought the Euro Rear Headrests and Euro Center Consoles from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just placed an order with them for racks.
Shipped to Eastern Washington, the cost is ~ 264 Euros.
I couldn't find English translation provided on the site, but using a translation app wan't difficult.

Fingers crossed that all goes well -

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just placed an order with them for racks.
Shipped to Eastern Washington, the cost is ~ 264 Euros.
I couldn't find English translation provided on the site, but using a translation app wan't difficult.

Fingers crossed that all goes well -
Lemme know how it is if you don’t mind. I want to pick one up as well

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awaiting delivery. Just heard that they have cleared customs in US. Shouldn't be too much longer. Updates to follow -
Racks arrived yesterday. Box was beat & had been opened & re-taped (thanks Customs). All parts there & As advertised. In transit ~ 3 weeks. Might have been quicker w/out midwest blizzard. Haven’t yet fitted to car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts