Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
South side oak lawn area. Had a 17 but it got totaled from an accident with a coyote

·
Registered
234 Posts
South side oak lawn area. Had a 17 but it got totaled from an accident with a coyote
I was at Hawk Ford yesterday looking for an Edge ST. I bought 2010 Focus SES from them but I bring that car to Westfield Ford and I bring my RS to Willowbrook Ford for service. I hope to see you around the area.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry I never got back to you. Like got busy around here. Sounds like you found a great car!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ended up buying the one in Montana mentioned above thank you all !

So you bought it sight unseen & are shipping it? I’m not sure how that works with a private party.... Ford dealers make it pretty easy because they handle all of the money transfers & paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
So you bought it sight unseen & are shipping it? I’m not sure how that works with a private party.... Ford dealers make it pretty easy because they handle all of the money transfers & paperwork.

It usually works really easy as both sides are usually car guys. I have no idea why you are so interested to buy from a dealer. They have no problem screwing you. Just like shipping. As easy as it gets. Biggest decision is open or closed trailer. I've bought cars sight unseen worth over twice what the RS is worth and everything has always gone fine.
I think you are turning buying an RS into a far bigger mountain to climb than it is.

·
Registered
523 Posts
It usually works really easy as both sides are usually car guys. I have no idea why you are so interested to buy from a dealer. They have no problem screwing you. Just like shipping. As easy as it gets. Biggest decision is open or closed trailer. I've bought cars sight unseen worth over twice what the RS is worth and everything has always gone fine.
I think you are turning buying an RS into a far bigger mountain to climb than it is.

I like buying an RS from a Ford dealer because it’s safe & I know there will not be the potential for fraud. Many of us only buy a few vehicles in our lifetime so it’s nice to have the step-by-step help with money transfers & documentation. Plus I know that the engine will be fine, head gaskets changed & maintenance has been done & the car is good to go. It’s just a piece of mind, I guess....

·
Registered
183 Posts
I like buying an RS from a Ford dealer because it’s safe & I know there will not be the potential for fraud. Many of us only buy a few vehicles in our lifetime so it’s nice to have the step-by-step help with money transfers & documentation. Plus I know that the engine will be fine, head gaskets changed & maintenance has been done & the car is good to go. It’s just a piece of mind, I guess....

Is it really "safe" from a dealer though? You've been complaining about dealer cars that don't have the Carfax or documentation about the head gasket fix since you started posting on the forum. In my opinion, you're better off safer buying from someone off the forums here who can actually show you the service records for not just the head gasket fix, but records for every service appointment. Owners who sell their cars privately on this forum are more likely to take care of their cars better than a dealership would too.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts

Is it really "safe" from a dealer though? You've been complaining about dealer cars that don't have the Carfax or documentation about the head gasket fix since you started posting on the forum. In my opinion, you're better off safer buying from someone off the forums here who can actually show you the service records for not just the head gasket fix, but records for every service appointment. Owners who sell their cars privately on this forum are more likely to take care of their cars better than a dealership would too.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Group B

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is one on autotrader in Montana. $39k. 5,800 miles. I have been in touch with the owner. It’s a nice car.

Does that car have a sunroof? I tried sending him a message an got no response.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

I am flying to get it Friday and driving it back to Chicago. He sent good pictures and I spent some time talking to him about the car. Seemed trust worthy so I’m gonna fly and meet him. He even offered to have ford look it over and give me a full report. Dude seems very trusting

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am flying to get it Friday and driving it back to Chicago. He sent good pictures and I spent some time talking to him about the car. Seemed trust worthy so I’m gonna fly and meet him. He even offered to have ford look it over and give me a full report. Dude seems very trusting

Hopefully it’s as advertised in person! I really love the black roof, wing & mirrors on the ‘18s, especially with the 19” forged wheels. It’s crazy how difficult these cars are to find right now....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hopefully it’s as advertised in person! I really love the black roof, wing & mirrors on the ‘18s, especially with the 19” forged wheels. It’s crazy how difficult these cars are to find right now....

It’s insane to find one below 20k miles and stock. I was over the moon to find this one.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts