Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd dump Allstate after this - that car is not going to be close to factory specs. Granted, I'm no expert, but your car reminds me of Humpty-Dumpty. Switch to AAA after this - Allstate sucks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'd dump Allstate after this - that car is not going to be close to factory specs. Granted, I'm no expert, but your car reminds me of Humpty-Dumpty. Switch to AAA after this - Allstate sucks.
Trust me man, after this Allstate is gone. I like the Humpty Dumpty reference. It feels exactly like that.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Are the 3/36 & 5/60’s now voided as a result of this? Because if that’s the case there’s no way I’d feel confident daily driving that after such an extensive repair. You should’ve been paid out for that car & then either bought another one or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Are the 3/36 & 5/60’s now voided as a result of this? Because if that’s the case there’s no way I’d feel confident daily driving that after such an extensive repair. You should’ve been paid out for that car & then either bought another one or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The warranty should still be intact. I agree they should’ve paid me out. I’m actually working a deal to trade it in. Still haven’t gotten it back yet but a Toyota dealership is willing to do $26,250 for a trade on a TRD Tacoma.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That sounds like the best way to proceed. I can’t comment on the numbers since I am not too familiar with the values of both vehicles. You are looking to replace with a daily driver so I think you are doing the right thing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
That sounds like the best way to proceed. I can’t comment on the numbers since I am not too familiar with the values of both vehicles. You are looking to replace with a daily driver so I think you are doing the right thing.
Those are my thoughts as well. The $26k is a lot better than the $22k other dealers have offered. The structural damage scares them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
On a side and somewhat related note the dealership where I bought the RS just got in a GT500 and it is green. It is a customer car. He might not take it, he’s hemming and hawing right now. I spoke to the sales person who sold me my car. I might end up with that car if he doesn’t take it. She also told me she might be able to order one too but I wasn’t counting on that.

To stay on the rails I hope your replacement works out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
On a side and somewhat related note the dealership where I bought the RS just got in a GT500 and it is green. It is a customer car. He might not take it, he’s hemming and hawing right now. I spoke to the sales person who sold me my car. I might end up with that car if he doesn’t take it. She also told me she might be able to order one too but I wasn’t counting on that.

To stay on the rails I hope your replacement works out.
What is their ADM on the GT500 if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don’t know we did not discuss that. I won’t pay ADM and they know that. I will let you know if the guy takes the car. This was Napleton Ford in Libertyville, Illinois. I spoke with Julie Pasley. I think she is the Internet Manger. You can mention me I bought their only RR RS that I know of.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well even though I haven't gotten my RS back from the shop, I've made a trade deal on a 2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad. They gave me $26.5k for the trade with the structural damage history and sight unseen. I figured that would probably be the best I can do since the other dealers I've talked to said $22k would be the highest they would go.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wait, I have an idea! Buy this one:

Half cut it and yours, then just weld the two together in the middle. Viola!

·
Registered
32 Posts
You got a fair deal in a bad situation, and you made the right decision. They'll have to unload the car on the secondary market, and they'll be lucky to get their $26.5K back.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
You got a fair deal in a bad situation, and you made the right decision. They'll have to unload the car on the secondary market, and they'll be lucky to get their $26.5K back.
They have the car listed for $32,600...I hope whoever is looking at it runs the car fax.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts