Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Wondering if anyone has leads on purchasing the WRC style hood vents? That’s definitely the style I have my heart set on, but seems like the only manufacturer I could find is Airtec, which doesn’t seem to be sold in North America.

I found them for £150 but with conversion and shipping we’re looking at $350cad ($575cad if you want the mesh inside) for some plastic hood vents, that seems ridiculous. Im not a snob so I don’t care about having replica parts, so has anyone seen them cheaper on another site? All the classic eBays and stuff don’t come up with anything.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Ya, I've gone thru the same exercise and unfortunately, only Airtec is producing this style vent for our car. I ended up picking function and practicality in the end and ended up going with the Verus.

My heart is still with the Airtecs tho lol

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ya, I've gone thru the same exercise and unfortunately, only Airtec is producing this style vent for our car. I ended up picking function and practicality in the end and ended up going with the Verus.

My heart is still with the Airtecs tho lol

So I should make a mold and make some WRC vents , good ideas boys. 🥳

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bar none this style absolutely kills it in looks and function.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’d gladly buy some knockoff abs plastic versions. The price of £275 for those with mesh is unacceptable. I’ve had that tab open on my phone for 2 years. Just can’t pull the trigger on it

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Bar none this style absolutely kills it in looks and function.
From what I've read, its a huge PITA to install. The area of the hood that it goes on has more structural sheet metal in that area and requires more cutting compared to the regular vents (which only cuts 1 layer). On top of that, there isn't an easy and clear way to mount, so it will require body adhesive (which made the practicality of the the Verus a no-brainer for me). I believe it came with pretty minimal instructions as well.

But I agree, looks-wise, its pretty killer. I think in the actual RSRX car, they are outlets for ducting coming off radiator?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah so what you need are normal hood vents then add the NACA ducts to the genders like other wrc cars

1 - 8 of 8 Posts