Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got around to checking out my engine bay and as expected the dealer broke a bunch of clips, most of them the fir tree clips. A lot of them.

I did some digging and found HellemannTyton makes all the clips and bundling and securing hardware. I included a couple of them as examples.

They have a catalog with all the part numbers but they're kind of hard to dissect.

IMG_20190806_065522.jpg
This piece, I'm pretty sure is on page 105, but which one of the gray ones it is I don't know. Maybe it's this one? Even so, I'm still trying to find where you can buy it in a low quantity.

A trickier one is this piece that secures a connector to the back of the intake manifold.

IMG_20190806_070954.jpg

It should be somewhere on this page 188 or 189
but on the website the closes one I could find was this piece which is different. It looks similar to some other clips (like the one below), but not the specific one on the back of the intake manifold. Not sure they're interchangeable.

IMG_20190806_065507.jpg

Will update as I find out more. If anyone else has pointers let me know, I would like to stock up on these for the inevitable engine bay upgrades.

Here's all the fir tree products they make.
And the US page. Don't know if it's any different.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I hate it when dealer techs do this (although I'm guilty too, but I don't have the right tools most of the time). Please do keep us posted with the part numbers, I have a few I'd like to replace as well. They are all currently being secured with various sized zip ties in very "creative" ways lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate it when dealer techs do this (although I'm guilty too, but I don't have the right tools most of the time). Please do keep us posted with the part numbers, I have a few I'd like to replace as well. They are all currently being secured with various sized zip ties in very "creative" ways lol
For what it's worth, I had a chat with Ford Parts while looking for the front door plastic appliques, and they said for the parts that aren't available online the parts department at dealerships should be able to help. So if I can't find these in bulk, the last resort might be that.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
For what it's worth, I had a chat with Ford Parts while looking for the front door plastic appliques, and they said for the parts that aren't available online the parts department at dealerships should be able to help. So if I can't find these in bulk, the last resort might be that.
Ya, I've gone that route, but they are almost always cost 50% more compared to the same exact generic clip

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Success! Kind of.

Not able to find the anti-rotation fir tree mounts in bulk, but bulk also means 4000 units or more so unless we're going to have a resident clips dealer on the forum I think we're ok.

The ones I was looking for are not sold separately, but instead as a unit. Not the most ideal situation, but at least the option is there. I'll be picking one up soon, though I'm not sure how it's supposed to go on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was at the dealership today and the parts guys says they can't get those. Suggested I try Fry's electronics which is an... interesting suggestion.

Will try some other parts department, but I'm curious if others might have more luck.

·
Registered
578 Posts

Found a couple we can use and affordable qtys.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't had a chance to sort through clips and fasteners. They are quite close to me, I wonder if I could just go over and rummage through their inventory.

I bought the 14A666 cover last week to see if the anti rotation clip could replace the broken ones on the intake manifold. It did indeed. I will dig up the part specifications later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts