Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone so Im looking for wheel recommendations for my winter tires. I work for bridgestone/firestone so I will be getting the 225/40/18 Blizzak's WS90's.

I am looking at tirerack for the wheels but a little confused about what offset I should use to not have any clearance issues and what wheels would hold up the best in the Ohio winters.

Kind of curious what wheel/tire setup others owners have used in the past? (This is my first winter with the car)

How would you say the RS does in the winter?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Stock offset is +50 so you won’t go wrong with that. You can probably go down to +40 which will “poke” out the fenders but shouldn’t rub. I have +43 with 245 tires and no issues.

Car is really fun in winter. Find an empty snowy parking lot and try out drift mode and track mode after push-and-hold on traction control button.

Make sure you address the felt undertray before it snows or it will get destroyed. Lots of threads about it. You can either put resin on to harden it or get a replacement.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock offset is +50 so you won’t go wrong with that. You can probably go down to +40 which will “poke” out the fenders but shouldn’t rub. I have +43 with 245 tires and no issues.

Car is really fun in winter. Find an empty snowy parking lot and try out drift mode and track mode after push-and-hold on traction control button.

Make sure you address the felt undertray before it snows or it will get destroyed. Lots of threads about it. You can either put resin on to harden it or get a replacement.
Is this something I will have to go to the aftermarket for? If so do you have any undertrays that you would recommend? First time hearing of this problem. Thanks for the wheel tips!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Is this something I will have to go to the aftermarket for? If so do you have any undertrays that you would recommend? First time hearing of this problem. Thanks for the wheel tips!

My factory undertray made it literally 500 yards in 4” of slush before it hung down and broke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts