Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are countless threads on winter tires but have some questions that I cant find answers to.

Just bought a 2017 RS with the 18" wheels standard. What are the specs on these OEM wheels?

I also am wondering what tire size for winter I should put on these 18" wheels. is there anything skinnier than the 225/40/18r? or is that the best to go for? I know skinnier is better...

Thanks - I see a lot on the 19" wheels but do not have the option, if there is a forum I missed feel free to include it.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Well standard wheels on the 2017 RS are 19". If you have Silver 18" wheels with RS branding those are the optional winter wheels. For winter tires I would stick with the 225/40R18.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, I have seen a few used cars with the dark grey 18”s so thought they were standard and the 19” forged were the option.
Alright I’ll look into those.
Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you're talking about the wheels in the picture from your other thread, those are the standard 19 inch wheels. The forged wheels are the same size.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're talking about the wheels in the picture from your other thread, those are the standard 19 inch wheels. The forged wheels are the same size.
Am I that stupid? Hmmm I’m going to have to check...

Edit.. Yes, yes I am. well guess im going to get new rims as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts