Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had 2 full winters on my wife's 2017 on 225/40r18 Blizzak LM001 winter tires with OEM brakes and pads and never experienced the "hard pedal" momentary loss of brakes. This past summer at 40K I replaced rotors and pads with Centric 125 series high carbon rotors in the front and Centric 120 series in the rear. Posi Quiet semi metallic pads on all (4) corners. The Blizzaks were down to the wear bars after only 16K so we replaced them with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's warranted to get 30K (we'll see).

The first drive on snow covered roads this season I experienced the hard pedal phenomena. Braking was momentarily reduced by 95% and then cleared. The front and rear wheels were filled with snow. This is my wife's daily driver and she has experienced the same leaving the driveway with seemingly clear wheels and rotors after sitting over night in freezing temperatures. To me it feels like ice glazed pads and/or rotors that will clear immediately with the a little friction from braking.

The vehicle has seen many spirited drives on snow covered secondary roads and I'd like to get back to the confidence of the OEM system. Thought I'd ask others for their opinion before replacing the Centric brake system.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I occasional will get a hard brake pedal but she still stop just very abruptly no loss in brake function...just overly aggressive...that's using the stock winter tire package or the forged wheels with Michps4...I really don't think the tires/rotors matter...its been reported often on this platform...If you find a cure let us know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts