Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rock got me today.

Whats the suggested route to go? We use ford dealer to replace or 3rd party installer?

·
Registered
516 Posts
good luck getting it replasced. i guess a 3rd party replascement is the way to go. oh good call @nicklulu that looks like a killer replascement.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Depending on the damage, most insurance companies will pay for chip damage repair. If it's longer than a dollar bill then you'll need a new windshield, then you're into paying for your deductible.

Check Tasca for the windshield as well, they use the real ford part numbers

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Called them again. This parts guy says that is not the full part number haha. Is this guy I am dealing with just a clown?
Not a clown. That is not the full part number. 03100 is the base part number for a windshield and is preceded by 2 digits indicating the body style (58). There should be a prefix and suffix to the complete number but I no longer work at a Ford dealer so I can't look it up for you. Also, the 2016 windshield is different than the 2017-2018 due to the mirror mounting.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Depending on the damage, most insurance companies will pay for chip damage repair. If it's longer than a dollar bill then you'll need a new windshield, then you're into paying for your deductible.

Check Tasca for the windshield as well, they use the real ford part numbers
I have an appointment in a week for a free new windshield from my insurer. I think the crack started from cold and has grown pretty significantly over a week.

I have USAA insurance (grandparents were military - I never served). They are great and contract with an auto glass co to replace at my house, totally for free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Camper Van Someren
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing