Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the final, production window trim is going to be - black or bright? I've seen photos with both (e.g. see below). Hoping it's black as we only get the forged black wheels.

bl 2.jpg FrozenWhite_NA_Focus_RS_Mule_02.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not chrome.
I wlll cancel my order if its chrome...obviously not a fan of this 'treatment' and glad that the fad is dying.

Seriously though have a look at the last few minutes of ep 7 of the rs icon series, the black car (it was mentioned that they came off the assembly line) has matte black trim. Thanks Ford!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I wlll cancel my order if its chrome...obviously not a fan of this 'treatment' and glad that the fad is dying.

Seriously though have a look at the last few minutes of ep 7 of the rs icon series, the black car (it was mentioned that they came off the assembly line) has matte black trim. Thanks Ford!
Why would you cancel your order when you could just fix that problem with $20 worth of vinyl?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Can you please explain the difference between base model trim and other trims? Where is this difference available? I think there is only one trim in USA.

Thanks for your future answer to be provided.

YMMV,

MidCow3
Well I don't know about focus's but for example Cruze trim pieces around the window differ based on trim level. Base model had black plastic and LTZ trim has chrome trim around the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Titaniums get a chrome bottom trim piece only, it does not surround the entire window area.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Okay about the Cruze, how is that relevant to the Ford Focus RS ? Just asking ?

YMMV,

MidCow3
The original post was about window trim. He didn't want chrome. He wanted it black. The pictures he provided showed that bothe were black but one had different light than the other making it look shiny.

As a matter of fact the titanium is the same way in the focus.

If the rs was shiny trim around the bottom he could replace it with the black plastic from the lower trim levels.

But it's not so it's not relevant.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Titaniums get a chrome bottom trim piece only, it does not surround the entire window area.
Chrome or Chrome color painted plastic ? You don't see much chrome or for that matter external metal trim theses days.

All a moot point. In the USA there is not a trim option and I pretty sure the international versions don't have any trim options except perhaps the automatic door guards.

So this is all an esoteric discussion about what trim we would choose on the RS, if the RS did in fact have trim options.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm using the term chrome loosely. And I'm talking about a us titanium focus. On almost all Ford vehicles as you go up trim levels they add bits of "chrome" though on sport models they tend to black everything out. I think there's just some misunderstanding going on. Yes there is only one choice for the rs. But for the focus line itself there are different trims just like the Chevy cruze.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Chrome or Chrome color painted plastic ? You don't see much chrome or for that matter external metal trim theses days.

All a moot point. In the USA there is not a trim option and I pretty sure the international versions don't have any trim options except perhaps the automatic door guards.

So this is all an esoteric discussion about what trim we would choose on the RS, if the RS did in fact have trim options.

YMMV,

MidCow3
No..... The discussion was simply about whether or not the car had chrome molding around the windows. Which it doesn't.

No there isn't a trim option. But that doesn't mean that if the rs happens to have chrome moldings that they couldn't be switched out by going to the parts dept to get the window molding of a lower trim leveled focus.

How is this hard to understand?

Your getting bent out of shape over nothing lol.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
No..... The discussion was simply about whether or not the car had chrome molding around the windows. Which it doesn't.

No there isn't a trim option. But that doesn't mean that if the rs happens to have chrome moldings that they couldn't be switched out by going to the parts dept to get the window molding of a lower trim leveled focus.

How is this hard to understand?

Your getting bent out of shape over nothing lol.

Sorry not getting bent out of shape - misunderstanding on your part.

I guess you are correct, what you finally said, 'that if the trim parts were the same size as other Focus , they could possible be swapped out' makes sense.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
171 Posts
Woah now, lol.

OP, I've very happy you posted this because it's the biggest annoyance in my Focus ST's appearance. The trim is a dark grey that looks faded when next to my coworker's older Mazdaspeed3. For some reason Ford didn't use the darkest material they could, and it looks very bad on an all black car with tinted windows. I ordered the RS in black as well, and I really hope the trim is darker.

FocusST.org related: Fading Window Trims?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
SyncTheory13
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing