Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm assuming the RS will have no tint on any of the windows. If that's the case what is everyone's plans for tint? No tint? Limo? Stay legal? I've been kind of leaning towards a medium tint on all of the side and back windows and a very light (rallyesque) mirror tint on the windshield so it just looks as though there is a glare. I enjoy my privacy. Thoughts?

·
Registered
262 Posts
35% sides and back.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Unfortunately for me, NH has stupid tint laws. I can't tint the front side windows. I can go up to 35% on the rear side windows, but I'm not crazy about how that looks. So, I'll probably go without tinting.

·
Registered
224 Posts
20% on all sides and rear. I have 20% on my Mustang and like it a lot. Michigan has a no front window tint law, but I've never been hassled over it, partially due to having my windows open anytime it's above like 50F outside haha. I have 35% on my SHO and it's not bad, but I think with a black car, 20% will match better.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
5% wrap with an 18% windshield.
Wow. I had 15% on the sides of a previous car and thought it was annoying to see once the sun set. I can't imagine driving around with 18% on the windshield!

35% sides and back.
Have 35% all the way around on my current daily and love it. I'll be sticking with this for the FoRS.

·
Registered
418 Posts
In Ontario Canada we have front side window (driver pass) laws ...it's about 35%. My F150 has 5% in the rear 3 windows and front has 20%, You can't see much when looking in the driver or passenger window. For the RS I'm still debating on any tint. Being a 'hot hatch' I don't want to get mistaken for a teenage/young 20's punk driver - no matter how I drive. The car will draw the attention of the police, so I don't want to give them a reason to stop me. It's a white car and I know black tints will look great, but there is something to be said for the clean look of no tint. The privacy factor of tint may win me over though. We shall see.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
20% on all sides and rear. I have 20% on my Mustang and like it a lot. Michigan has a no front window tint law, but I've never been hassled over it, partially due to having my windows open anytime it's above like 50F outside haha. I have 35% on my SHO and it's not bad, but I think with a black car, 20% will match better.
Curious, do you have any state law restrictions on how dark it can be? If so, how strong are they on enforcing them ?

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow. I had 15% on the sides of a previous car and thought it was annoying to see once the sun set. I can't imagine driving around with 18% on the windshield!
It really isn't as bad as ppl think it.. Then again, ALL of my vehicles are 5% with nothing lighter than 18% on the windshields. My pickup is 15%. The daily Titanium has the 18%. Indianaland is pretty lax on tint, so I don't fret troubles there.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It really isn't as bad as ppl think it.. Then again, ALL of my vehicles are 5% with nothing lighter than 18% on the windshields. My pickup is 15%. The daily Titanium has the 18%. Indianaland is pretty lax on tint, so I don't fret troubles there.
Do you have pics of your current Focus with this setup? I feel like that would make my eyes hurt during long night drives.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'll be going with the same setup as my last personal car. 20% ceramic on the back, 35% ceramic on the driver and passenger windows and air blue on the windshield.

·
Registered
86 Posts
5% all the way around and probably 10% on the front windshield so no one can see me riding by!!!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
About this Discussion
119 Replies
80 Participants
AngelMonkey
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing