Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Window Sticker Guide - How to Read

59K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Warren RS 
#1 · (Edited)
Compilation of all information on how to read the window sticker.
I'm sure there is more out there that I have missed. Please let me know if you can provide more/better detail on this

Click Here to get your Window Sticker
You will have to replace YOURVINHERE in the URL with your VIN.

Text Font Logo Brand Banner

SAR = Saarlouis production plant
000023 = 23rd vehicle invoiced on the given day
CA = California delivery

9-NORMAL = Data transaction type
NA = North America
GE02 = Invoice date (G=2016, E = May, 02 = 2nd day of month) Can be used to determine which Vessel your car was shipped on
9849 = ???

Text Font Line Parallel Rectangle

Vehicles going to the same state or province appear to have the same "RAMP ONE" code.
AZ = CX7G
CA = C37G
MI = CA07
NJ = CP4C
PA = CH2E
VA = CG2E

Text Font Line Brand

Text Font Line Brand

BUMP = Destination state or province

The date circled in blue is described to be "invoice date" on other Ford vehicles.
The "GD21" is a different coding of the same date (G=2016, D=April, 21=21).
This VIN car left Zeebrugge on 18-Apr-2016 and arrived at destination on 12-May-2016.

"METHOD OF TRANSP." CONVOY = Truck transportation / RAIL = Railroad transport

The "ITEM #:" field near the bottom appears to be a combination of the dealer zone district number and order code.
O/T = Order Type (1 = retail, 2=stock)

Text Font Line Parallel

Courtesy @F-R-S

Text Font Line Brand

The ETIS date is different from the Window Sticker Date. The Window sticker date is the Invoice date, which occurs after the car departs from Zeebrugge.
After being released from plant, the build date in ETIS should change to the plant release date.

The price level is determined by what price level was current when the vehicle was INVOICED (which is the date on the window sticker)
Ex: at time the order banks opened, current price level was 635. After $170 increase (Feb/March 2016?) current price level was 650.

Courtesy @sydvicious

The image below may give some insight on what some of things on the window sticker are.

Courtesy @FZR18

See less See more
#3 ·
Compilation of all information on how to read the window sticker.
I'm sure there is more out there that I have missed. Please let me know if you can provide more/better detail on this

View attachment 12030

SAR = Saarlouis production plant
CA = California delivery

9-NORMAL = Data transaction type
NA = North America
GE02 = Invoice date (G=2016, E = May, 02 = 2nd day of month)
9849 = ???

View attachment 12031
Vehicles going to the same state or province appear to have the same "RAMP ONE" code.
AZ = CX7G
CA = C37G
MI = CA07
PA = CH2E
NJ = CP4C

View attachment 12032

View attachment 12033
BUMP = Destination state or province

The date circled in blue is described to be "invoice date" on other Ford vehicles.
The "GD21" is a different coding of the same date (G=2016, D=April, 21=21).
This VIN car left Zeebrugge on 18-Apr-2016 and arrived at destination on 12-May-2016.

"METHOD OF TRANSP." CONVOY = Truck transportation / RAIL = Railroad transport

The "ITEM #:" field near the bottom appears to be a combination of the dealer zone district number and order code.
O/T = Order Type (1 = retail, 2=stock)

View attachment 12034

Courtesy @F-R-S

View attachment 12035

The ETIS build date may not match the Window Sticker Build Date because one is the day the vehicle was built, one is the day it was released from plant.
After being released from plant the build date in ETIS changes to the plant release date. Vehicle visibility confirms this.

The price level is determined by what price level was current when the vehicle was INVOICED (which is the date on the window sticker)
Ex: at time the order banks opened, current price level was 635. After $170 increase (Feb/March 2016?) current price level was 650.

Courtesy @sydvicious

The image below may give some insight on what some of things on the window sticker are.

Courtesy @FZR18

It keeps taking me to a completely different site. Any ideas?

#5 ·
What exactly keeps taking you to a different site? I didn't include any links in my post.

Although that reminds me, I should...

#9 ·
ShipDepart ZeebruggeInvoiceDateInvoiceCode
Toscana12-Apr-1619-Apr-16GD193
Aida18-Apr-1621-Apr-16GD213
Grand Legacy18-Apr-1627-Apr-16GD273
Tiger27-Apr-1602-May-16GE023
Torino02-May-1605-May-16GE053
Porgy09-May-1612-May-16GE123
Cygnus Leader10-May-1617-May-16GE173
Tugela16-May-1630-May-16GE303
Asian Empire30-May-1602-Jun-16GF023
Zenith Leader27-May-1603-Jun-16GF073

The Window Sticker "Invoice Date" occurs after departing Zeebrugge. It is not related to "Build Date".

#25 ·
New Fields on Window Sticker

Thanks to a keen observation by @DarkSideFoRS, we have a new discovery...

Text Font Line Parallel

There are more fields in the window sticker.
Not sure if the truck/train to dealer will show up in the Shipped Through field since mine has not gotten that far yet.

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.