Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the last few weeks I was on the hunt for my RS. Some dealers were respectful and others acted as if they were holding the crown jewels for ransom. But the hunt was important for many reasons. I would gain insight from all dealers and that in turn helped me form a educated choice as to whom would pilfer my wallet. I am sure this is on this site somewhere but this is what I learned. Ordering is wise, instead of getting what the dealer gets in. For a few reasons.

1) ordering it, means you get it the way you want it. More so, you are more likely to pay less! yes pay less. When the dealer orders arrive, they are going to mark them up a lot! Where as if you order it MSRP or MSRP with some mark up is going to be common place.

2) If your dealer is allocated 10 for example, they will be getting those in phases. This is to help world demand. So if you don't get in there and order, you could be waiting a long, long time.

3) All dealers I spoke to felt that the allocations are as they are. Meaning, custom orders are going against the allocations. This is a gray area simply because the dealer does not know what Germany demand fulfillment will be yet.

My dealer is only allowed one at first and three for the year. Mine is first. Went in today and laid out the order to be place on the 12th. Met with the dealer owner, Gm and a lady that was waiting to see if I was coming in on time. She was going to get that order if i did not show up. Now she will be getting the second car and that is expected to be 90 to 120 days later. Production starts in January, and first phase orders are expected to be completed in 90-120 days.

Nitro Blue
600A package
sunroof

·
Registered
103 Posts
Glad you could find a deal! I talked to Bill Pierre Ford today and they wanted 10k over MSRP! I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
So over the last few weeks I was on the hunt for my RS. Some dealers were respectful and others acted as if they were holding the crown jewels for ransom. But the hunt was important for many reasons. I would gain insight from all dealers and that in turn helped me form a educated choice as to whom would pilfer my wallet. I am sure this is on this site somewhere but this is what I learned. Ordering is wise, instead of getting what the dealer gets in. For a few reasons.

1) ordering it, means you get it the way you want it. More so, you are more likely to pay less! yes pay less. When the dealer orders arrive, they are going to mark them up a lot! Where as if you order it MSRP or MSRP with some mark up is going to be common place.

2) If your dealer is allocated 10 for example, they will be getting those in phases. This is to help world demand. So if you don't get in there and order, you could be waiting a long, long time.

3) All dealers I spoke to felt that the allocations are as they are. Meaning, custom orders are going against the allocations. This is a gray area simply because the dealer does not know what Germany demand fulfillment will be yet.

My dealer is only allowed one at first and three for the year. Mine is first. Went in today and laid out the order to be place on the 12th. Met with the dealer owner, Gm and a lady that was waiting to see if I was coming in on time. She was going to get that order if i did not show up. Now she will be getting the second car and that is expected to be 90 to 120 days later. Production starts in January, and first phase orders are expected to be completed in 90-120 days.

Nitro Blue
600A package
sunroof
Congrats on your deal!!!!! The 12th cant come soon enough!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you could find a deal! I talked to Bill Pierre Ford today and they wanted 10k over MSRP! I couldn't believe it.
10k over at Bill Pierre!!!!! where do they think they are at next the microsoft campus!!!....... call around, there are way, way way!!!! better deals out there. From a finance point of view lots of lenders will not cover that. So dealers will be expecting you to coin up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts