Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if it will feature this. The new Chevys we have coming in have it and it is freaking awesome.

Really no need for built in nav now.

Can do a lot of stuff from your phone on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
The current Sync3 coming out this summer in Fiesta and Escape does not support Android Auto or Apple's equivalent. I emailed Ford after hearing this feature was not included after preview data from end of last year indicated it would be a feature. They said that it was not ready at this time and they expect to have an update to the Sync3 system to enable them at a later date. My take: Ford wanted to force users to use their interface and navigation for a while before letting them use something they were already familiar with.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks. Big time. So their sync 3 is already outdated.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Not really outdated, should be a downloadable update to the system. One of the articles that covers it: 2016 Ford Escape and Fiesta will debut Sync 3 this summer

My biggest question about Sync3 is will the cars without navigation still have GPS/compass hardware installed and accessible to the phone. I read some reviews on Android Auto and one mentioned much better GPS performance with an OEM unit that provided the GPS data to the phone. I think Sync3 should be on both the RS1 and RS2 since in early press info Ford stated the RS will come standard with Sync3. Based on looking at the leaked configuration tool that one morning the RS2 adds navigation maybe, (some salt due to it being leaked and not official infomation release).

·
Registered
100 Posts
All the RS will have sync 3 but if you get the RS1 package you do not get a touch screen (my guess). If you get the RS2 package you do get a touch screen with all of sync 3 features. Sync 3 is far better then Sync 2 and much easier to operate. Android auto and apple car play are not as good as one may think because its the first year for both of those companies doing something like this. Normally first year software ideas are kinda buggy but I'm sure people will praise them cause everyone worships the android and apple. Android auto is bad in my opinion cause it will lock you out your phone while driving as a safety feature. I have no idea how apple car play works so I cannot comment on it. You can access all your same apps through Ford sync 3 system just like the android and apple systems. I like the sync 3 system from my experience with it so far.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have t on the colorado and it's working fine so far. No issues that I see.

You can access the apps on your phone from the sync 3?

Like your map and stuff?

·
Registered
100 Posts
We have t on the colorado and it's working fine so far. No issues that I see.

You can access the apps on your phone from the sync 3?

Like your map and stuff?

I think you can download the apps to sync 3 and access them the same way but I do not believe the map is one of them unless you have navigation on the car. I will know more about sync 3 and how it works next week when the rep comes to train us on it

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Once the Android Auto is added it as been confirmed that Google Maps can provide navigation, even if the car was not equipped with that option.

Sync3 without touch screen? Have you see one like that? I want Android Auto for music from phone, but I guess BT streaming would work, just prefer Play music interface.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
ControlNode
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing