Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like me (my most recent Ford was a Maverick), she has multiple-decades ago irrational trauma concerning being stranded in the middle of nowhere by the Blue Oval, and never wants to see one in our driveway ever again.

What, if anything, have you found to be persuasive to tell your SO to advance your RS purchasing cause with her?

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
The Maverick was last produced in 1977, it's now 2015; Ford has come along way since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
My wife is happy that I'm trading the mustang for something with 4 doors, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep sounds like time for a new wife. Ford has definitely come a long way. Also the RS is German engineered and made.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Make her ride in the trunk and not the front passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Plenty of fish in the sea!

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Just like me (my most recent Ford was a Maverick), she has multiple-decades ago irrational trauma concerning being stranded in the middle of nowhere by the Blue Oval, and never wants to see one in our driveway ever again.

What, if anything, have you found to be persuasive to tell your SO to advance your RS purchasing cause with her?
AtsuiBoshi,

If you can get your wife to agree, take her to a Ford dealer and test drive some cars. Ford has really,really changed especially in the last few years. Push the "Ecoboost" = performance plus great mileage.

Good Luck!

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
43 Posts
My wife was not too keen on the Ford. We have always had Audi's and BMW's.

I insisted she watched all 8 parts of the Ford RS documentary and now she understands the
the RS is your typical Ford. (No offence to Ford fanboys, just stating my wife's opinion).

Still no too keen on it but understands why I HAVE to have this car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This was me as well until a few weeks ago. I told her last time I got my car 15 months ago that it would be the last one for about 5 years. I got bored driving an auto and didnt feel the connection you get from a manual (this was my first auto in 6 years). I told her this is something I could really see myself being happy in and plus its a hatch. I've been watching videos and reading up on this car more than anything else. Also note I've been really talking about it for several months nearly every day lol. I think she understands my happiness now and is happy to go along with it, just to see me smile and enjoy a car I work hard for. She knows my passion for cars, but I also told her I wont go crazy on this car with mods. Anything that I do, I'll be sure to include her as well. I can say I'll drive this car with a smile on my face everyday I'm in it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Time to take your pants back from her and put them on. Mine tried that a couple weeks back. I told her it was real simple, I'm for sure buying the RS and you don't become homeless. Like I said it's really simple

1 - 20 of 42 Posts