Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been a thread before, I have been unable to find anything on wide side mirrors for the RS. Personally I hate the tiny blindspot mirror in the corner and the rest of the mirror is far too zoomed in for my liking. Has anyone come across wide mirrors that can fit? I have a 16' if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Looks like a great option for power-folding mirrors too, just need the switch and to repin some connectors.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Hi, another thing you could do is order the mirror glass from the European Ford Kuga. The mirror shell, arm, motor is the same as the Focus mirror. The glass is aspheric
Damn, here I thought I was done buying Euro parts... How difficult is it to swap the mirror glass? Does it just pop out?

I never really got used to using that portion of the mirror. Contrary to Ford's expectations of the general public, I actually adjust my mirrors correctly so as not to have a blind spot. Having the blind spot portion just robs me of mirror real estate and actually reduces the amount I can see (and therefore increasing my blind spot lol).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Damn, here I thought I was done buying Euro parts... How difficult is it to swap the mirror glass? Does it just pop out?

I never really got used to using that portion of the mirror. Contrary to Ford's expectations of the general public, I actually adjust my mirrors correctly so as not to have a blind spot. Having the blind spot portion just robs me of mirror real estate and actually reduces the amount I can see (and therefore increasing my blind spot lol).
yep just pops off and on. Easy swap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you happen to have a part number?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ok Inhope you can see the part numbers. These were from the RHD Kuga which I ordered from the UK. I compared the glass aspheric reflections but I didn‘t notice a difference to the LHD glass.

This is the LHD glass passenger side. For the driver side I only have a glass with BLIS that has a different part number .
Not sure if the number under the part numbers are any important or not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts