Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings

We get asked a lot by our customers what exactly the difference is in bringing your car to Kaizen Tuning vs a local dealership, or any other shop in New England for that matter. I wanted to discuss this here as we are expecting to see an influx of new Focus RS owners in New England.

Kaizen Tuning - The Difference

Some of the main differences between ourselves in the dealer or local shop are pretty clear:

1. Level of care. We know that as deaslership customers at one point we saw the level of care given to our cars at dealerships decline. The Focus RS is not a regular car and should not be treated like it. Unfortunately, this is not the case in the USA. We have seen the difference between dealerships in the USA and those in Japan. The level of care that is given overseas far exceeds that of a USA dealership. We wanted to bring that level of care to GTR and other car owners, that you wont find at a dealership.

2. Enthusiast operated. Kaizen Tuning is owned and operated by enthusiasts and fanatics. You wont find that kind of love for all things automotive at any dealership that is only concerned about the bottom line. We also service GTRs, Ferrari, Porsche BMW and Audi (as well as Suby and Mitsubishi), do you really want someone that works on a dealership level working on your car, or someone that actually knows how to work on your Focus RS.

3. We are not flat rate. This point is critical to the level of care given to your car at Kaizen Tuning. At a dealership, all techs are paid per job, the faster your car is on and off the lift, the more they are paid, therefore the more the dealership can put in their pocket. At Kaizen Tuning, our techs are paid hourly. We take our time on the cars that come to us to make sure that our level of care exceeds your expectation. That can not be said for a dealership tech that is rushing to get your car on an off the lift so he can put more in his pocket. This is a critical difference in how high end cars are serviced through Porsche, Ferrari, and other high end car service departments. We follow how a high end car SHOULD be serviced and pay our techs, who, as explained above, are more experienced than a dealership tech, accordingly.

4.We test everything we use on our own cars before signing it off for use on our customers cars. We have tested, and re-tested, and then come to a conclusion that what we offer to you is right for your application. We have partnered with the best shops from around the world, and can call on these experts if a problem comes up, or need a recommendation.

5. One size does not fit all. Each application is different. Each customer has a different use in mind. At Kaizen Tuning, we can recommend the products that are going to work right for you. From street driven daily drivers to track prepped cars, the choices are very different. You will not find that flexibility in a dealership. This is critical to you, as an owner, as we can recommend and work with a huge array of products from all over the world, to fit your application.

6. The right tools. Kaizen Tuning uses the right tools for getting the job done right. What this means to you as a customer is that we do not need to outsource your car. We can do alignments in house, dyno tune in house, do motor and trans builds in house... We have the tools to tackle any job in our shop.

7. Custom Fabrication. Cant find an item that fits your needs on the market? Kaizen Tuning has the capability to produce it, in our fab shop for you. Our fully outfitted shop can produce custom exhausts, headers, intakes, FMIC's, piping, and brackets. If you can dream it up, and put it on paper we can make it.

In addition to these 6 points, it should also be brought up that we offer a host of aftermarket products and services that the dealership or local 3rd party shop cant.

Dyno Tuning - Dyno tuning with Cobb and ECUTeK to get the most out of your modifications.
Suspention Tuning - Custom alignment specifications and corner balancing.
Aftermarket Parts - A huge array of aftermarket products, from the best brands. AMS, HKS, Cobb, Sakura, Boost Logic, ETS... To name just a few of our partners.
Track inspection services.
And much much more....

Any questions, dont hesitate to ask, shoot us a PM or give us a call, we are looking forward to servicing you needs.

Kaizen Tuning LLC
875 Mass Ave
Boxborough, MA

Phone - 978 266 9900
Email - [email protected]

Kaizen Tuning - Custom Automotive Repair, Parts, and Accessories

23WorkArea.jpg
State of the art workshop at Kaizen Tuning, with in-house motor building, alignment and corner balancing, and fabrication services.

3Showroom.jpg
Show Room with bunch of parts in stock. In addition we have plenty of high end detailing supplies, GoPro Hero's, and performance driving accessories for you to check out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have not done business with you before but after reading this I believe you are in the same mindset as myself when it comes to working on cars. Not enough people take pride in what they do anymore and the few that do are definitely not at the dealership. Good companies like yourselves are exactly what people need to get their car properly serviced by someone who knows what they are doing and takes the utmost care of the customer car. I do not live in the new England area but this sounds like a great place to go for quality work you can trust with top of the line equipment. Very nice shop, very clean.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would love to have someone like you guys whom I could trust to provide the level of care and attention to detail to my RS in tuning. Im in SC and have not found anyone near me even close to you guys as yet. I will be making a road trip at the end of July and would love to swing by the shop if the wife and I have time.

Ive had my RS for a week now and just hit 1k on the odometer (500 mi) driving back from purchase. I noticed some of the "quirky-ness" in boost pressure and power output that everyone is talking about. If you guys are interested in collecting more data, taking a look at my RS or whatever, please feel free to PM me. I've been to your site almost daily since getting mine and am looking forward to see what you guys come up with.

Thanks again for all your hard work and keep it up! You're doing God's work ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wish Ford would outsource you to correct the as advertised power output we
should have to begin with. I was going to wait to tune but this snafu kind of forces my hand.
I don't wanna get beat by a Maxima, just sayin' ��

1 - 6 of 6 Posts