Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine allocated last week after the dealer called after 2 years of harassing them and said "We get 1 and only 1 do you want it" . Without hesitation I said uhh yes!

1 allocation, deposit paid, Car ordered today as of Jan 11th with confirmation, Edmonton,Ab

Who else up here got one ? what colour ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
How do you know if it's allocated or not? I know that I'm the only one at my dealer so far... they sold a lot of ST's, that's all I know.

·
Registered
103 Posts
From what my dealer told me, it doesn't matter how many ST's they sell, or if there were previously an SVT dealer......each dealer in Canada is only supposed to get 1 RS. One previous SVT dealer I talked to said it will be easier to find a GT350 than it will be to get an RS.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My DORA was processed on 10th of November. They had informed me earlier that they had one allocation so I snapped it up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ordered mine sometime in November. nitrous blue. was told to expect it sometime in March. I'm from Hamilton Ontario

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ordered in October. I'm in Guelph, ON, but ordered from Kitchener. Nitrous Blue also.
I was 2nd on their list, but the person who was 1st in line didn't pass the financing check so their 1 allocation is mine now.
My order has been 'selected for scheduling'

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow. The dealer I went to apparently has a ton available. I got number 13 at the place I went. Only frozen white they have ordered. Also in Edmonton

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow. The dealer I went to apparently has a ton available. I got number 13 at the place I went. Only frozen white they have ordered. Also in Edmonton
Wow, 13 orders at one dealer? It looks like the one allocation per dealer is BS. You guys in the North getting MSRP, or are they asking for ADM's?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea Sherwood park ford is correct. I got MSRP. I was told because of the volume they were selling they didn't need ADM.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone else hear the one car allocation per dealer in Canada as well, or they on open ordering for any dealer? Open ordering will certainly drive down the exclusivity for this car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Anyone else hear the one car allocation per dealer in Canada as well, or they on open ordering for any dealer? Open ordering will certainly drive down the exclusivity for this car.
I've heard 1 per dealer until further notice direct from a regional manager. That was in December. Since then they've now upped a couple of dealers by 1-3 since some dealers have no chance of selling their one unit. No chance ANY dealer is getting 13. Only 600 are allocated to Canada for model year 2016. No official word that a 2017 is on the table either.

Ordered mine in October. Still unscheduled. I'm in Acton Ontario.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yea Sherwood park ford is correct. I got MSRP. I was told because of the volume they were selling they didn't need ADM.
Only guessed Sherwood Park because I was warned about buying a car from them several months ago. Apparently they have pulled this before many times - selling "allocated" cars they have no allocation for. Raptors, GT's etc. You put your down payment and they give excuse after excuse why your vehicle isn't in yet until eventually a retail order arrives up to a year later. I'm not saying this is the case with the RS.... but it wouldn't be the first time. Maybe check it out a little closer....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Alberta Availability

I recently went through the same thing with the SVT dealer in Calgary. They have many deposits on the car and claim that everyone will get one. Then I spoke to another dealer which seemed much more honest, and they said that is a common practice and when the people get tired of waiting for a car that isn't going to come, they try to sell them a Mustang GT.

Last week I emailed 25 Ford dealerships in Alberta. Almost all replied (shockingly) stating 1) each dealer is only allocated ONE unit 2) all except the Cochrane Ford dealer and Lacombe Ford said they were selling at or below MSRP (Cochrane and Lacombe both stated $5000 ADM). One dealer said they had taken their deposit for their allocation at $3000 below MSRP.

Needless to say, I think the big city dealers are overselling their stock and there's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there. I had my deposit refunded and it doesn't appear to be difficult to find an available allocation. My plan is to wait until I can see one in a showroom (something that I did not think was possible until now)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Only guessed Sherwood Park because I was warned about buying a car from them several months ago. Apparently they have pulled this before many times - selling "allocated" cars they have no allocation for. Raptors, GT's etc. You put your down payment and they give excuse after excuse why your vehicle isn't in yet until eventually a retail order arrives up to a year later. I'm not saying this is the case with the RS.... but it wouldn't be the first time. Maybe check it out a little closer....
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate that. This is definately a very plausible scenario. I'm certainly hoping it's not the case however. As of today they apparently had 4 vin verified orders completed. I asked the sales guy if not getting one ordered was a possibility and he assured me it would happen. Although I must say I'm concerned now.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I recently went through the same thing with the SVT dealer in Calgary. They have many deposits on the car and claim that everyone will get one. Then I spoke to another dealer which seemed much more honest, and they said that is a common practice and when the people get tired of waiting for a car that isn't going to come, they try to sell them a Mustang GT.

Last week I emailed 25 Ford dealerships in Alberta. Almost all replied (shockingly) stating 1) each dealer is only allocated ONE unit 2) all except the Cochrane Ford dealer and Lacombe Ford said they were selling at or below MSRP (Cochrane and Lacombe both stated $5000 ADM). One dealer said they had taken their deposit for their allocation at $3000 below MSRP.

Needless to say, I think the big city dealers are overselling their stock and there's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there. I had my deposit refunded and it doesn't appear to be difficult to find an available allocation. My plan is to wait until I can see one in a showroom (something that I did not think was possible until now)
Oh the Black Friday 55 inch TV for $250 theory were people line up for days for 2 of those TV's.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate that. This is definately a very plausible scenario. I'm certainly hoping it's not the case however. As of today they apparently had 4 vin verified orders completed. I asked the sales guy if not getting one ordered was a possibility and he assured me it would happen. Although I must say I'm concerned now.
uh, just to be sure you might want @@%1;dkirby or @@%1;mboles2 to look into this. I don't know that ANY retail orders have a production VIN yet. They would be best to check with on that. To me it sounds like thy are talking out of places the sun doesn't shine!

EDIT: For some reason it won't let me tag someone. But those are the guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sherwood park ford also has the unique talent of pulling a rabbit out of a hat sometimes as well. A few years ago they brought in boss's that other dealers couldn't sell and sold them here instead. So even though they might not have enough allocations with only 4 color combos they will probably just pull a car from another dealer and give it to you. (All just in theory though) Either way if you can find a allocation somewhere else you should go with that if you are lucky number 13 on Sherwoods list.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts