Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Washington Auto Show (2016)

Event Date: January 20, 2016 to January 31, 2016

Passenger cars: Open to public 22 – 31 January

Press days: 20 – 21 January

Organizer:

Washington Area New Automobile Dealers Association (WANADA)
5301 Wisconsin Avenue
USA Washington, DC 20015
Tel: +1 202 237 7200
FAX/ +1 202 237 9090
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: The Washington Area New Auto Dealers Association

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Washington Auto Show (2016)

Event Date: January 20, 2016 to January 31, 2016

Passenger cars: Open to public 22 – 31 January

Press days: 20 – 21 January

Organizer:

Washington Area New Automobile Dealers Association (WANADA)
5301 Wisconsin Avenue
USA Washington, DC 20015
Tel: +1 202 237 7200
FAX/ +1 202 237 9090
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: The Washington Area New Auto Dealers Association
I'll go if the RS is there. Unfortunately, I don't see it on the list of ford vehicles that will be on display.

http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/featured-vehicles/

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'll go if the RS is there. Unfortunately, I don't see it on the list of ford vehicles that will be on display.
That blows goats!!!! I was going to go in hopes of seeing the RS!!!
Very disappointing to hear that it is not on the list of Ford vehicles!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
For what it's worth, the Charlotte International Auto Show also stated the RS would not be there this past November. I went anyways and there was a Shadow Black RS in the back of the Ford section, out in the open. It was locked but you could get up close to it and look around.

·
Registered
205 Posts
For what it's worth, the Charlotte International Auto Show also stated the RS would not be there this past November. I went anyways and there was a Shadow Black RS in the back out in the open. It was locked but you could get up close to it and look around.
You might be right. I'll be attending anyway and hopefully will get to see one. Here is an email response from a member of the Washington Auto Show Staff
Ford has not sent us the full list of vehicles they are bringing to the 2016 Washington Auto Show. The 2016 Ford Focus RS is not on the list yet but the manufacturers are constantly adding their most popular and innovative models. We are always updating our website with the vehicles which will be on display as the manufacturer provides us with the information. So check back soon and often for the latest.

Vehicles on Display | Washington Auto Show

Thank you for your interest in the Washington Auto Show

Andrea Holmes
Washington Auto Show Staff

·
Registered
730 Posts
You might be right. I'll be attending anyway and hopefully will get to see one. Here is an email response from a member of the Washington Auto Show Staff
I agree, you should go. The Ford reps there said it was a last minute decision to include the RS and the email you presented goes right in line with that. I got to sit in and check out a Focus ST with ST3 package to gauge what the RS interior would feel like and it was pretty stellar.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I plan to attend again this year. Last year I went during the weekday when admission was free for Military & Government employees. Took the metro in, there were no crowds and got up close to all the exhibits. What a difference from the typical packed house on Saturday & Sunday.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If someone happens to spot an RS at the DC show can you please post it? I will be in the DC area for work on the 25th. If there is an RS to see I will definitely go.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang it, that massive blizzard seems to have prevented many from making it out to the Auto Show.

·
Registered
441 Posts
They opened the show back up today. Girlfriend is working there so hopefully I can confirm if the RS is there by the end of today.

EDIT: Yup, they got one there.
What color? =o I have drill less than an hour away this weekend, so I just might have to go have a look!

·
Registered
118 Posts
What color? =o I have drill less than an hour away this weekend, so I just might have to go have a look!
Nitrous blue with forged wheels. Girlfriend sent me a picture, and I didn't ask for the VIN. I don't plan on going down until Sunday, but I might be able to convince her to get a picture of the VIN today.

·
Registered
441 Posts
So I'm at the DC auto show right now... In another post I rated the Focus RS at 7.8/10. After seeing it in person I would like the revise that to 9/10.. Or greater... Looks great. A little muscular even. Love it, and the nitrous blue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts