Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg
Not being from the industry, can someone help me understand these different terinologies, wholesale, retail, stock?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
i think wholesale is along the lines of Fleet vehicles ( i think, or a dealer that has a lot of stores getting a bunch at once for the lot )
Retail is custom orders, or build to order

stock is whats sitting in the lot or showroom

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think wholesale is along the lines of Fleet vehicles ( i think, or a dealer that has a lot of stores getting a bunch at once for the lot )
Retail is custom orders, or build to order

stock is whats sitting in the lot or showroom
So which gets made and delivered first?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the document, wholesale then retail
So if you elect to take a random spec that ford decide to make and ship to the dealer you would likely get the car sooner than waiting for your specific car.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
That is exactly the way it worked with the ST. Pissed a bunch of people off. Dealers got their inventory before customer's who ordered.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
It is appearing to be more and more like a clown show every day.

I wonder how parts are going to be for this car also.

So if you elect to take a random spec that ford decide to make and ship to the dealer you would likely get the car sooner than waiting for your specific car.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Probably. The first batch will be for controlled dealer spice. Then the gear heads will consume the market.

But what does it matter when you can wait for a per-spec car? Kinda suck, but it would not kill me. If only I knew they would not be limited, and when I come in to order, I just have to wait for delivery. No hassles. An honest handshake and keys to the RS. Then madness

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
w3rkn
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing