Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will be the first to test drive & review an RS first - UK title like Car, (new) Top Gear, the venerable Clarkson & crew, or US origin such as Road & Track?

No doubt it will break as an internet video release to follow in traditional print later...

And when in January?

Is the drive complete already?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is expected to have a review published in January, I think January 4th is the date.
Do you have a source you can reveal?

Not long to wait then.

Intuition is well founded...there was that European taster I saw on NASIOC offering glowing comment a while back...

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
Personally, I'd like to hear what Ben Collins has to say about the FoRS.

There hasn't been much said by him since the universal unveiling.

A video review would be suffice.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Word has it (see the big car blogs) that Harris (along with Sabine Schmidt of Nordschleife fame) will be joining the new Top Gear as co-hosts, with F1's Coultard a possible as well. Coultard is still a great driver, he won the Champion of Champions individual title in 2014 and the national title (with a co-driver) in 2015. Could be a terrific lineup if they have the right chemistry, with more focus on the actual cars for a change.

On the OP's question - there is a long window for the Valencia RS review fly-and-drive of about 2 weeks in the latter part of January based on invite dates posted elsewhere here, so expect a large number of reviews, both in NA and Europe, to go up - I'd anticipate the publishing embargo to not end until the second week of February in order to prevent the first batch of reviewers going public ahead of the others.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Agreed with later in February until we see reviews. Hopefully we're wrong and its more like mid January.

Would love to see Chris Harris, Evo, and Motor Trend review the RS. Should be a good start to 2016

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Word has it (see the big car blogs) that Harris (along with Sabine Schmidt of Nordschleife fame) will be joining the new Top Gear as co-hosts, with F1's Coultard a possible as well. Coultard is still a great driver, he won the Champion of Champions individual title in 2014 and the national title (with a co-driver) in 2015. Could be a terrific lineup if they have the right chemistry, with more focus on the actual cars for a change.
I'd like to see Sabine shoe an RS around Das Ring.

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
I'd like to see Sabine shoe an RS around Das Ring.
She did great with the Transit and I'd like to see her time while she was speaking to the FoRS on Ring.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I want SubaruWRXfan to be the first reviewer, LOL
Sounds like one of the trolling adolescent commenters frequently found on sites like Autoblog, Leftlanenews, Jalopnik, Youtube, etc.

Pretty sure they'd wrap any car they attempted to drive around a tree LOL.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
She did great with the Transit and I'd like to see her time while she was speaking to the FoRS on Ring.
As long as she doesn't rip all the interior out of it and duct tape everything up on the outside. ;-) But seriously, who better to put down a ballz out lap on the ring. She's a phenomenal driver.

Absolutely agree with you on getting Ben Collins' take on the car. It seems like he said in the early interview he did, that he was getting one. I could have that wrong, but I know he was really excited about the car. That coming from a guy who's driven damn near everything worth driving on the planet. I like it.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts