Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here wants to import the Shell RS seats the UK/euro/rest of the world get to the US?

I sat in the RS500 at SVT and I'm 99% sure it is a similar seat. Freaking amazing. I'd be down to import it.

Shell recaro
£1,145
resize678xgbr00lyybtrimctm.jpg

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
No airbags in those seats right?

·
Super Moderator
16,252 Posts
I bet they'll be great but I do believe the reason the seats won't be brought here to the US is that the side impact airbags aren't in them.

NHTSA standards prevents these from being brought to the States.

I could be wrong but aren't the regulations changing to require these side impact airbags on all newer modeled vehicles?

For that amount of change there are better options.

Reactions: 2001s2k

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd be interested in importing a set or doing a group buy potentially. Gotta see how the RS2 seats feel, but in an ST the seats were pretty bad. The alternative would be a nice shell from Cobra or Recaro without RS logos. No issue on putting a seat with no side impact airbags in the car, most aftermarket seats don't have them. I'd be more upset about losing the heating!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be interested in importing a set or doing a group buy potentially. Gotta see how the RS2 seats feel, but in an ST the seats were pretty bad. The alternative would be a nice shell from Cobra or Recaro without RS logos. No issue on putting a seat with no side impact airbags in the car, most aftermarket seats don't have them. I'd be more upset about losing the heating!
yeah. I was hoping the stock RS shell seats had heated elements and I'd be all up for importing them. Was hoping for plug n play with heat! I don't really care about the side airbags.

·
Registered
60 Posts
RS shell seats have in EU have the side airbags, but no heating- You can buy aftermarker plug n play pack (my friend has heating in RS mk2). Shell seats have 4-way regulation.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Likewise. If you check prices here in States, similar shell seats are around $1,400-$1,800 tho.
True. Sportster CS go for $1400 new usually. So it would be a decision of, "What is the added cost to get OE ones with blue stitching and RS logo and is that added cost worth it?"

·
Registered
10 Posts
damn at 1800 each its probably smarter to go with actual racing seats if what you need is racing seats...
It's $1750 for the pair.

But if we were to purchase it via a catalog or site, it could easily change. I own a Mustang and I remember looking into the bucket seats as a factory option and it was selling for roughly $1500-2000 for the front two seats. The Ford Racing Mustang seats found online are selling for $2999 for the pair brand new. Even that that price, I would jump on the Recaro shell seats for the RS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im in 100%. Along with the rear diffuser with the Fog light in it.

As long as no lights come on the dash im good. Also want to make sure that the shell seats are heated and that they have the same connector.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm in, I love those seats and was very sad when I found out we wont get them

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I think the factory shell seats are made in the US then exported.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts