Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Vendor
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Julian from Vivid Racing have you seen or heard about the new drop-in turbo upgraded by Turbonetics. By far the best product for the Focus RS to upgrade your speed, power and driving experience. Its rated at 700hp, the new turbo utilizes the Focus RS’ factory oil and water lines and replaces the stock 52mm turbo and bumps it up to an impressive 60mm. No extra anything, just bolts right on you can't get any better with this product!

Check It Out!

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I don't see it on your site. Details, dyno sheets, etc? Pricing? All necessary bits to even start considering :emptiness:

Reactions: Patches

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't see it on your site. Details, dyno sheets, etc? Pricing? All necessary bits to even start considering :emptiness:
I don't get ever get that. Anything at some point in time would be better than nothing all the time...............................:anonymous:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Really looking forward to seeing how this turbo does.

·
Registered
478 Posts
This is cool but I'm also loving the mirror image turbos for like an LS swap. I thought Neilson Racing had the patent on those?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Where is the compromise?

·
Vendor
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so, guys, the turbo has not been released yet so there isn't any dynos sheets or any info like that right now! But turbonetic did say it is rated for 700hp and is going to be the best kit out in 2018 So be ready! As soon as I find out more info about it when they release info I will inform all you more about the product.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Interesting that he said it would work with the factory tune. I know the STs would absolutely freak out on the stock tune if you had a bigger turbo, mine threw all sorts of codes and a limp mode and that was only moving it out of the garage.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well with Ford's bypass and recirc strategy it might not be as bad as you might suspect.
Your probably right.
In the other thread on this turbo someone calculated it would take 500rpm later to spool up. Usually the case with a bigger compressor wheel. We don't know what size the turbine wheel is - but presumably the same as stock to mount in the same IWG exhaust housing.

Looks like a good option, I doubt anyone will get close to 700bhp with it though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My understanding is this is a 550hp (Not whp) turbo. Where do you see turbonetics publishing a 700hp number?

·
Registered
943 Posts
700 bhp at sea level if run outside it's efficiency range with a 200 shot of nitrous. :) A GTX3076 Gen 2 pushed really hard is good for 700ish bhp. Unless turbonetics is doing some amazing voodoo, I can't see that turbo getting anywhere near that; especially if exhaust housing isn't being significantly upgraded so that it flows more.

Time will tell. It always does. :)

At any rate, it's probably going to be a nice upgrade for those not wanting to go the big turbo kit route.

·
Registered
545 Posts
My understanding is this is a 550hp (Not whp) turbo. Where do you see turbonetics publishing a 700hp number?
The sales guy in the video says it at around 1:00, but he also made some other odd claims so I wouldn't put too much trust in his words.

·
Registered
156 Posts
One guy at a trade show floor? (Yes, sema is a trade show) I'm with you, meaningless. On the turbonetics site they do not claim 700hp. They claim 520wheelhp... (so I was wrong too, but def not 700hp.)

The sales guy in the video says it at around 1:00, but he also made some other odd claims so I wouldn't put too much trust in his words.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
The site says 520 hp; not 520whp. WHP is probably more like 460 - 470 which sounds about right for this turbo.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The site says 520 hp; not 520whp. WHP is probably more like 460 - 470 which sounds about right for this turbo.
You are correct, sir. I wasn't far off on my early guess.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I thought I heard 60mm tossed around in the video. Will have to watch again, I assume 60mm compressor, which is bigger than whats shown on the Mustang EB 2.3L PT

Reactions: DeltaT
1 - 20 of 62 Posts