Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got a signed order at MSRP, but with how shady south florida dealers tend to be.... I'm VERY worried when i go to pick up the car, they'll find some way to tack on some crazy markup.

Anyone else worried?

Registered
Im not due to me not putting any money down and If they try any of that bs ill just walk out the door.

Registered
If you have documents of the purchase price the dealer should honor it. I know my salesman mentioned "price protection" and said the price can't get higher, only lower if some rebate comes out before the car arrives (won't happen tho)

Registered
Finding a reputable, trustworthy dealer isn't always easy. That should be anyone's first and most important step. Everyone sells the same cars. Yet people tend to spend all their time researching the car available anywhere (speaking in generalities) rather than researching who they're buying it from. Let me tell you there is big, big gap between good and bad dealers. And yes, there are good ones! If you have a signed order stating MSRP, if that dealer has a good reputation to begin with, it would be very unlikely they'd try to do anything to jeopardize that. If they are known for being shady to begin with... well, not a good start, but if you can prove that unit was ordered for you and especially if you have proof of a deposit, there ought to be someone in the dealer who will honor that in the event you do run into any hassle, which hopefully you don't.

Registered
Get the price in writing then they legally have to honor it. I put down my deposit and got a signed purchase agreement the next day. If they try to pull a fast one then I'll threaten to get a lawyer involved. If they still don't budge then honestly... I'll just keep my ST because I really don't care THAT much to waste my time, but if I did then it's pretty cut and dry when you have it in writing.

It's just a car. Don't let it keep you up at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Xicutioner
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing